November Dispatches (4 Viewers)

051-1.jpg

THANKS ANDY YOU'VE MADE US ALL HAPPY AGAIN

Comments and photo provided by The Lt. for I'm sure our moderator isn't lost for words........ The Lt.

Andy,

You've out did yourself once again; great job with a fine selection of subject matter and craftsmanship.

It's clear that Andy is playing for keeps and continues his quest for dominance and excellence and the big winner is the Collector.

Thank you.

The Tiger is great! I'm sure looks even more remarkable in person than the photo.

Love the M5 and the British AT gun team and the figures are terrific looking too. Your recent releases are displaying more and more weathering. Personally I love that trend.

In War, G.I.'s weren't pretty and this release and some in the past reflect that. I love the 5 o'clock shadow.

Carlos

All good you can't complain - even Mr Gambale will be happy! Looks like I will have 3 desert Tigers in my collection now - just need a desert Sherman at some point. Does seem like an awful lot of releases for 1 month and you wonder how much is bought and how much stays on the shelves since the increase in production? Once I used to buy it all now I just buy the good stuff I really like - how long before something gives? Not moaning as its better than waiting 3 months or sometimes longer for the new WW2 stuff to turn up like the old days.
Red

I hate to be the one to say this, but as I mentioned to Andy at the Chicago Show - the M5 series tractors DID NOT pull the 155mm GUN or 8" howitzer! US Army artillery tractors in WW2 had very specific uses. The M5 was the prime mover for ONLY the 155 HOWITZER and 4.5in gun (which was a US 155 howitzer with a British barrel and ammo). There are several tons in difference between the 155 gun and howitzer. The proper prime mover for the 21C guns is the M4 18-ton High Speed Tractor (the M5 was a 13-ton tractor).

The model is GORGEOUS and completely correct for the US Army at that time and place! It just needs to be pulling the right gun. Attached is the M5 towing a 155mm howitzer near Ste Mere Eglise, France in June of 1944.

Gary

Attachments

• 155H- M5 tractor- StMere Eglise- 6-17-44- resized.jpg
    155H- M5 tractor- StMere Eglise- 6-17-44- resized.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 183
Gary,
That just means that now we need a towed 155mm howitzer and an M4 Tractor. Yes.

Not sure whether to cheer for all these great sets or cry for my poor checkbook. Andy you've done it again. :D:D

Good stuff! Great sculpting....look at these faces! All other companies...if you want my dollars this is where you need to get! My only suggestion would be to drop the dull gray backdrops....why are these not shown on one of Gordon’s dio's? If it wasn’t for the dull surroundings I'd think those were two real GI's because they are sculpted and painted so well.

Attachments

• bul.jpg
    bul.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 208
P.S. I too wonder why Andy gave us the tractor but nothing to pull .....seems alittle fishy to me. :confused:

Good stuff! Great sculpting....look at these faces! All other companies...if you want my dollars this is where you need to get! My only suggestion would be to drop the dull gray backdrops....why are these not shown on one of Gordon’s dio's? If it wasn’t for the dull surroundings I'd think those were two real GI's because they are sculpted and painted so well.

Couldn't agree more,superb faces,just when you think it can't get any better.So good to see loads of action poses in this set of Bulge releases.Check out that Bazooka team,wonderful.

Rob

That Tiger looks fantastic, not to mention everything else. I wonder if this puts a crimp in HB's plans for a Tunisian Tiger. Unfortunately, that's probably the only thing I'll be able to afford! I'm sure this one will sell out.

It looks really great and may eventually sell out, but at 1,250 there will be time to wait and see what HB comes up with. The HB version might even be available before the KC release in Dec. Congrats to KC though as this one has been long overdue and will no doubt be extremely popular in combining the desert campaign with the most well-known German tank.

My guess for the next WWII SL is the 88mm. Probably in winter.

It looks really great and may eventually sell out, but at 1,250 there will be time to wait and see what HB comes up with. The HB version might even be available before the KC release in Dec. Congrats to KC though as this one has been long overdue and will no doubt be extremely popular in combining the desert campaign with the most well-known German tank.

My guess for the next WWII SL is the 88mm. Probably in winter.

Fair point. Wonder what the pricing will be on each?

The tiger looks great and i,m sure will find its way under the christmas
tree .The poor old Matilda is looking very lonely now :).[hint hint]
The Eight army and Afrika Korps series realy have come a long way in
the past year or 2 ,its great too see.
And it looks like ww1 could be on the agenda for early next year aswell.
choices,, choices, choices ;)

I am afraid this means carrots for the poor eighth army. I cannot see a few Chevy's and a jeep holding off all this heavy armour including the three stugs.
Damian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back