Novembers figure releases are here! (1 Viewer)

I would love Third Crusade. My only request is not to make Balian dā€™Ibelin look like Orlando Bloom. His character had almost nothing to do with reality. Using the Red Cross pattee on marigold is OK since we do not know his actual heraldry.

Also, isnā€™t Richard a little old for 3rd Crusade? He was still pretty young, right?

Born in 1157, arrived Thrid Crusade 1190 so ~33.

On the 2nd day of the Battle of Thermopylae Xerxes ask to appear in front of him the best troops of all the contingents that formed his army. He addressed personally the troops promising gifts if they won and severe punishment if they hesitate in front of the Greeks. T. Gunn's figure fits perfectly to the above incident. After the battle Xerxes asked for the head of Leonidas to be placed on a pole for everyone to see it.

He would have addressed these troops from his throne or a platform raised specifically for the occasion. And as you note, he never held a severed head.

We thought collectors might be interested in the thought process behind Xerxes. Originally it was intended that Xerxes would have a servant bowing down in front of him with severed head but this would have made an expensive figure set at over $100 and in reality probably closer to $120. Having Xerxes stood there not actually doing anything was also discounted because it was considered a tad boring and did not really make a statement. We certainly feel this figure makes a statement and I do not recollect any such comments with reference to severed heads, when we released the Celtic warrior holding a Roman head in his hand or a Celtic Cavalry officer with various heads adorning the bridle of his horse. As for the comment 'Xerxes would never have held a severed head' all I can say is, who really knows what went on 2500 years ago?
However moving on and I hope this will make collectors happy we are making a raised stone platform for Xerxes to be stood on as we have several other figures who will also benefit from this accessory. There may also be a throne for Xerxes but do not quote me on that as things change and other projects come along.
There will more than likely be a bodyguard or two for Xerxes from his 'Spearbearers' regiment (which are generally thought to be from the Persian nobility), stood behind him and we hope the whole scenario with these figures and a line of Immortals on parade will be something quite special.
We do realise we cannot please everybody all of the time, but we do try and of course we do appreciate your feedback.
Best wishes The Gunn Team

We thought collectors might be interested in the thought process behind Xerxes. Originally it was intended that Xerxes would have a servant bowing down in front of him with severed head but this would have made an expensive figure set at over $100 and in reality probably closer to $120. Having Xerxes stood there not actually doing anything was also discounted because it was considered a tad boring and did not really make a statement. We certainly feel this figure makes a statement and I do not recollect any such comments with reference to severed heads, when we released the Celtic warrior holding a Roman head in his hand or a Celtic Cavalry officer with various heads adorning the bridle of his horse. As for the comment 'Xerxes would never have held a severed head' all I can say is, who really knows what went on 2500 years ago?
However moving on and I hope this will make collectors happy we are making a raised stone platform for Xerxes to be stood on as we have several other figures who will also benefit from this accessory. There may also be a throne for Xerxes but do not quote me on that as things change and other projects come along.
There will more than likely be a bodyguard or two for Xerxes from his 'Spearbearers' regiment (which are generally thought to be from the Persian nobility), stood behind him and we hope the whole scenario with these figures and a line of Immortals on parade will be something quite special.
We do realise we cannot please everybody all of the time, but we do try and of course we do appreciate your feedback.

I have both the mentioned Celts the one holding the head is a favourite, showing the Ancient Britons defiance of the Roman invaders !
As said hopefully I will get Xerxes too, though the Chariot and Roman Cavalry are top of the want list for TG figures coming soon !

Steve

For what it's worth, I like the figure!

Are the medieval figures all going to be stand alone, personality pieces like the first three (I like them a lot), or are they going to be diorama worthy action poses too?
I would love to see personality figures from the third crusade, but understand that people like dioramas so will also want "nameless" cavalry and soldiers.

Next figures will be some marching foot sloggers - after that who knows!

Well, I am pleased so far. I will order my Xerxes right now!

Meanwhile I have a whole bunch of Spartans who would prefer to be fighting Persians in action poses. A rather bizarre way of doing things, sounds similar to what happened with the Romans. John Jenkins to the rescue again. Regards Greg.

Next figures will be some marching foot sloggers - after that who knows!

How about more Hundred Yearsā€™ War figures. The crusades have been done to death. Very limited choice when it comes to Agincourt,Poiters, Crecy.

How about more Hundred Yearsā€™ War figures. The crusades have been done to death. Very limited choice when it comes to Agincourt,Poiters, Crecy.

I think Poitiers and Crecy as you have tons of ā€œtransitionalā€ armor options. More variety than Agincourt where the transition to plate harness was more complete.

These guys below just missed the last release but will be available in December at the London show and also for sale in Decembers dispatches, we hope you enjoy them:

030.jpg

031.jpg

034.jpg

044.jpg

040.jpg

As you probably figured it out there is a jungle version for our RS series and a British Guards version suitable for European theatre of operations.

As you probably figured it out there is a jungle version for our RS series and a British Guards version suitable for European theatre of operations

Would this mean TGM are going to release some WWII British figures to go with the gun set?

Mark

As you probably figured it out there is a jungle version for our RS series and a British Guards version suitable for European theatre of operations

Would this mean TGM are going to release some WWII British figures to go with the gun set?

Mark

You mean like this one?

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back