NY Symposium Pictures (1 Viewer)

Tom,

Brilliant photos. You're taking the time to take them and post them is most appreciated.

I have a question for Louis in relation to the below photo. Louis, what make / scale etc is the 4x4 at the front of the dio? Looks a very good fit, and I've been scouring the market for modern vehicles in 1/27, 1/30, 1/32.

Also, can you tell me what figures are to the right of the SF03 Humvee, at the back of the dio?

Cheers
Simon

P3140151.jpg

Tom,

Brilliant photos. You're taking the time to take them and post them is most appreciated.

I have a question for Louis in relation to the below photo. Louis, what make / scale etc is the 4x4 at the front of the dio? Looks a very good fit, and I've been scouring the market for modern vehicles in 1/27, 1/30, 1/32.

Also, can you tell me what figures are to the right of the SF03 Humvee, at the back of the dio?

Cheers
Simon

Simon,

I'm surprised (and grateful :p) you didn't ask your questions in Italian (as mine is barely passable, and yours appears to be quite good) - I hope you took my Italian comments as a joke as intended (its hard to tell with British humor translated into Italian):D. In answer to your questions, here are some quotes from the text I drafted for the book regarding the two items:

"In 2003, again as part of a diorama, the author purchased another metal collector’s vehicle (a Land Rover), which Andy and Gordon had converted to an SAS Land Rover for display with the new Afghanistan Special Forces figures. This vehicle, again, was imaginatively refinished in weathered olive drab paint, and given the additional wood and metal detailing appropriate to a real SAS vehicle, such as metal screens over the windows to protect from grenades. The one of a kind vehicle was purchased as part of an Iraq Diorama built for the Nuremberg Toy Show for $1,250."

"The non-World War II Commemorative Edition sets released in 1990-1991included a modern U.S. Jet Fighter Pilot (CE10), a set of four WWI Flying Aces (Mannock, McCudden, Von Richtoven and Immelman) (CE4) and a set of United States Gulf War Marines (CE3) (inexplicably included with the pilots in the Commemorative Editions). . . . The United States Gulf War Marines, limited to 200 sets, wear glossy desert camouflage uniforms. This was a clever topical set, Andy’s first attempt to capture the moment, and joined the jet pilot and several warbirds as the only Gulf War items King & Country ever made. King & Country would later produce more extensive lines of figures depicting the Afghan War and Operation Iraqi Freedom, probably inspired by this relatively unknown set. One marine lies prone firing the squad automatic weapon, one stands holding up and M16 in his right hand and binoculars in his left hand, and the other two stand with M16’s at the ready. The set originally retailed for $51."

Many thanks Louis, I didn't know about the CE3 set. The landrover looks very cool. Are there any markings underneath to show who orginally produced the piece? Would like to get hold of one or two to do something similar. If it's not asking too much, next time you've got the camera poised for some forum shots, could you oblige with some close ups of these? I'd love to see them in more detail.

As for my Italian, it is extremely limited and has to be heavily supplemented by a dictionary. I am however fluent in Birmingham (West Midlands UK, not Alabama:D) and most other Midland dialects. ;) I aim to take a nightschool class, so as to become proficient in 'text speak', as a good proportion of our youth today seem unable to write out the most simple of words. Even had some new recruits writing out a witness statement using text abbreviations :rolleyes:. These were promptly inserted in a particular place, and plugged in there with their cell phones.

Cheers for the information Louis,

Simon

Many thanks Louis, I didn't know about the CE3 set. The landrover looks very cool. Are there any markings underneath to show who orginally produced the piece? Would like to get hold of one or two to do something similar. If it's not asking too much, next time you've got the camera poised for some forum shots, could you oblige with some close ups of these? I'd love to see them in more detail.

As for my Italian, it is extremely limited and has to be heavily supplemented by a dictionary. I am however fluent in Birmingham (West Midlands UK, not Alabama:D) and most other Midland dialects. ;) I aim to take a nightschool class, so as to become proficient in 'text speak', as a good proportion of our youth today seem unable to write out the most simple of words. Even had some new recruits writing out a witness statement using text abbreviations :rolleyes:. These were promptly inserted in a particular place, and plugged in there with their cell phones.

Cheers for the information Louis,

Simon

Simon,

The bottom of the Land Rover reads "Newray 1995 Made in China". I hope that is helpful.

I will take some closeups of the Gulf War Marines and send them to Brad with a polite request that he post the on this thread.

Glad to be of help,

Louis

Simon,

The bottom of the Land Rover reads "Newray 1995 Made in China". I hope that is helpful.

I will take some closeups of the Gulf War Marines and send them to Brad with a polite request that he post the on this thread.

Glad to be of help,

Louis

It is helpful Louis, thank you. Although we sometimes gripe about scale in the toy soldier world, it seems to be 10 times worse in the die cast vehicle ranges. The New Ray stuff is still readily avilable, so I'll pick one or two up and tinker with them.

Cheers for the photo offer. Look forward to seeing the figures close up.

Simon

It is helpful Louis, thank you. Although we sometimes gripe about scale in the toy soldier world, it seems to be 10 times worse in the die cast vehicle ranges. The New Ray stuff is still readily avilable, so I'll pick one or two up and tinker with them.

Cheers for the photo offer. Look forward to seeing the figures close up.

Simon

Brad already posted an excellent close up photos of the Gulf War Marines set on the Glossy K&C thread. Here is a link to the page with the photo:

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3582&page=7

Thanks for the photos! They're nostalgic for me which reminds of the walking pass K&C's shop in the 1990's when I was still a child thinking that I would never have my hands on them since they're so expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back