Old vs. New (1 Viewer)

nmrocks

2nd Lieutenant
In an effort to keep the discussion lively, heres my new warbird FW-190 next to my Polystone BF-109.
I still love the polystone plane and wish Andy would throw us a bone and give us one or two more at an affordable price, the old birds a real beauty Too!:p:D
Ray

Attachments

• o vs n.jpg
    o vs n.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 226
  • o vs n1.jpg
    o vs n1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 216
  • o vs n2.jpg
    o vs n2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 221
  • o vs n3.jpg
    o vs n3.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 223
  • o vs n4.jpg
    o vs n4.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 222
Did andy remove the warbirds from K&C website, i just look to oogle at things i cant afford and they weren't there!:eek:

Did andy remove the warbirds from K&C website, i just look to oogle at things i cant afford and they weren't there!:eek:

Actually, the Polystone aircraft retailed for just over $100, thats one of the reasons I'd love to see more.
Ray

The new Warbirds are 1/32. The K & C site still lists the ME 410, the Swordfish and the early war version of the Whirlwind. The two versions of the FW and the Arado are apparently sold out.

So are most of the old Warbirds. If Andy listens to Louis and finally does ground support crews and support vehicles, I wonder if the scale will be 1/32 to match the Warbirds.:)

With all the trouble mass manufacturing the wooden warbirds why not polystone in the interim, I would think the demand is there for the right models?
Ray

With all the trouble mass manufacturing the wooden warbirds why not polystone in the interim, I would think the demand is there for the right models?
Ray

I had the Corsair at one stage and had the option of the Bf109 but turned it down because these polystone monsters weighed a ton: shipping costs were crippling, i.e. killing off any potential liquidity in buying/selling because if you tire of it you're stuck with it.

I'd imagine a new range of polystone aircraft would become the equivalent of those Berlin buildings, that there'd be special shipping/handling fees attaching to them.

However, given that Andy has done so well in improving polystone vehicles there'd be a strong case for the aircraft. Unfortunately there are so many mass-produced items on offer at 1/32nd scale it'd be difficult for K&C to distinguish itself from the herd. Unless of course it were to produce groundcrews, which would most likely have the unfortunate effect of non-K&C collectors binning their models in shame upon seeing the 1/32nd scale figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back