"on the flight deck" (1 Viewer)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,

Sorry to breakup the party but i thought some of you might enjoy a little "Seagoing Diversion..."
Here's K&C's upcoming US NAVY F4U "Corsair" alongwith a whole bunch of flight deck crew figures going about their duties on the USS Bunker Hill.

Best wishes to one and all and, of course, enjoy!
Andy

_DSC0183-1.jpg

Way to go Andy - what a great scene and the flight crew and plane look brilliant. I am not a collector of this series but you are getting close o persuading me....

That looks brilliant well done Andy you going to make any other "Gull" winged planes ??

Not my "Field of Battle " or should I say" Sea of Battle" but I am really tempted this time !!!
guy:smile2:

Can't wait to see the rest of the Bunker Hill.....just kidding ^&grin

Nice bird Andy and maybe someone will make a small flight deck of the carrier (hint Robin :wink2:)

Tom

Good to see Gordon prepared to make a flight deck. Everytime I tell the Brisbane guys we need to do a ship they blub!

Moe, there YOU go, flight deck crew!
I'll be getting all of these. Chris

Very nicely done. The F4U is really good looking and the deck figures are fantastic. Great dio. -- Al

Good to see Gordon prepared to make a flight deck. Everytime I tell the Brisbane guys we need to do a ship they blub![/QUOTE]

1. blub - cry or whine with snufflingblub - cry or whine with snuffling; "Stop snivelling--you got yourself into this mess!" ...Dam! we're busted...............:wink2:

The pilots look good. The recent Zero has started me thinking more and more about planes. BUT - the bloody boxes are huge!

Those are really awesome, Andy, and I am a guaranteed subscriber. One comment for the sculptor, though. Day-in-day-out, the guys in the colored jerseys didn't wear those flotation-belts. You'll see them frequently in training media, but the crew viewed them as extraneous and as restricting their movement.

Training pic:

View attachment 194432

View attachment 194433

Operations:

View attachment 194434

View attachment 194435

One other thing...

Guys in green jerseys were ship's crew rather than the air group personnel. During flight operations, they took care of the arrestor gear, catapult and elevators (and fought fires along with everyone else). Apart from that, they stayed out of the way of the "airedales." Note in the last picture above that there are no guys in green jerseys! Overall, well done. Commence launch operations!:D

-Moe

Last edited:
Those are really awesome, Andy, and I am a guaranteed subscriber. One comment for the sculptor, though. Day-in-day-out, the guys in the colored jerseys didn't wear those flotation-belts. You'll see them frequently in training media, but the crew viewed them as extraneous and as restricting their movement.

Training pic:

View attachment 194432

View attachment 194433

Operations:

View attachment 194434

View attachment 194435

One other thing...

Guys in green jerseys were ship's crew rather than the air group personnel. During flight operations, they took care of the arrestor gear, catapult and elevators (and fought fires along with everyone else). Apart from that, they stayed out of the way of the "airedales." Note in the last picture above that there are no guys in green jerseys! Overall, well done. Commence launch operations!:D

-Moe
Great photos, Moe. I think I am going to consider having to get this F4U, as it is my favorite Corsair paint job. Very handsome, and it will look great with all the flight deck crew. -- Al

Another huge win for K&C with this release. I was wondering if any manufacturer was ever going to DO THE PACIFIC RIGHT and Andy and folks have done just that. Starting with the 3 planes of the IJN and the figures then on to the BLACK SHEEP and then the land based ZERO.

Now ..{sm4} .. the USA strikes back ....!

Great job at K&C these days!

--- LaRRy

The Short answer is Sunderland...no extra boat required ����

Aircraft Deck as one of our next Brisbane DIO projects, the Sunderland can be moored beside it.

Mark

PS when not in use can stay at my house

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back