Operation Bodenplatte (1 Viewer)

7th OVI

Corporal
In late 1944, plans were being developed by the German Army to stage a counter offensive against the Allies on the Western Front. This would be launched in December and would include both ground troops as well as Luftwaffe units. The Luftwaffe portion of the plan was called Operation Bodenplatte. This diorama takes place prior to the launch of the offensive and depicts a small busy airfield within Germany that will play a part in the operation. This is my first WW 2 diorama. Hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 20211009_160602 (3) TF.jpg
    20211009_160602 (3) TF.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 272
Really well thought out and believable with the many accessories. The black and white photo adds to the period. Robin.

Good one Chris ! :salute::

Good to see you posting on the forum again and hope things have improved health wise for you.

All the Best

Steve

Nice dio Chris. I'll echo Steve's comments to say it's nice to see you posting again, even if not ACW :wink2:. Hope you're doing well. Chris

Chris,

It could be a news or propaganda photo from 1944! Really well done!:salute::

Thanks to everyone and their kind words, as far as my health, I have good days and bad days. With that being said, on the good days I am back at the workbench. Here are some color images of the Bodenplatte diorama. Let me know what you think. 
20211009_155132 TF.jpg20211009_154047 TF.jpg20211009_153310 (3) TF.jpg20211009_154026 (2) TF.jpg20211009_160602 (2) TF.jpg

I am still doing ACW, here are a couple of small ones I did of Gettysburg. Bigelow and Parker's batteries. Let me know what you think.

20210321_151312 TF.jpg20210424_135031 TF.jpg

Particularly like the workshop with all the detail you provided Chris. So much thought has gone into these scenes, keeps your mind active no doubt and gives you endless amount of enjoyment. Keep on keeping on. Well done. Robin.

Yes agree with Robin, your Hanger workshop has so much detail. You must of spent ages on that. :salute::
I remember your Civil War entrenched heavy mortar battery you done a few years ago with the lighting effects and can see with this newest of displays you're sharing that you eye for detail is as strong as ever !
{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Steve

I especially like the Union battery as I'm partial to that arm of the service. BTW, the hangar scene is awesome as well. CHris

Particularly like the workshop with all the detail you provided Chris. So much thought has gone into these scenes, keeps your mind active no doubt and gives you endless amount of enjoyment. Keep on keeping on. Well done. Robin.
Robin, glad you like them. I went through 9 variations of this scene to get everything in and it grew from 24 inches by 24 inches to 4 feet by 7 feet. Talk about "scope creep". Starting a new time period sure does keep me busy with new figures, terrain vehicles and research such as the fuel tank location on the FW190's. I had to look it up so that the ground crew were positioned correctly and then found out there were 2 tanks on the plane. Caused me to re think the whole scene. Keeping the brain active and challenged does help with the Parkinsons and my doctors encourage me to keep it up which is easy as i do love making these dioramas. All the best.

Really well done dioramas neighbor. You really put a lot of thought into these.

Steve

Gives me a lot of heart when I hear how you are enjoying this hobby Chris. The research into history is half the fun in preparing a scene and than finding the corresponding items to match completes the deal. Keep on keeping on. Robin.

Yes agree with Robin, your Hanger workshop has so much detail. You must of spent ages on that. :salute::
I remember your Civil War entrenched heavy mortar battery you done a few years ago with the lighting effects and can see with this newest of displays you're sharing that you eye for detail is as strong as ever !
{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Steve
Steve, thanks a lot, the hangar took about 2 months to complete as well as the bunkers for the 88's. The ACW diorama that you recall was also a challenge. I am working on a vignette of the 19th Indiana at Gettysburg right now and then back to WW2 for another large display. all the best Chris

I especially like the Union battery as I'm partial to that arm of the service. BTW, the hangar scene is awesome as well. CHris
Chris, if you get a chance, look at the Troiani print "Retreat by Recoil" and see how close this is to it, which was done on purpose. Next summer will be a diorama on a US ACW battery with proper spacing which means it will be big. All the best Chris

Really well done dioramas neighbor. You really put a lot of thought into these.

Steve

Steve, thanks, does take a lot of planning on these and even after they are done, I see things that I could have added and will next time. All the best neighbor Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back