Paint chipping on Figarti products ? (1 Viewer)

King Tiger II

Corporal
Hi guys,

Recently i was told by someone that almost all Figarti tanks have some problems with paint chipping with time.

Does anyone knows if you had those same problems,
The reason why im asking this , im reaĺly interested in buying some tanks from them,

I hadnt had any problems so far with other manufacturers.

Thanks

Serge

Serg,

I have a few vehicles from figarti and never had a paint issue " knock on wood"

I own a few tanks, planes ,even the german torpedo boat .... so far so good,

Figarti have had many problems with their AFV's regarding paint. Eleven of mine either flaked or came with some form of damage. There have now been a number of reasons put forth and much defence of them but, it does happen and although some will say its only on older models it is not my own experience from buying Figarti or, from a number I have had to sand down and repaint.

The releases are very nice but, the last thing I bought was the Nashorn and it flaked all down one side of the front compartment near the gun. Having said that I have recently traded a early tiger which has no issues and have one of the new tigers which looks fine. No such problems on the aircraft so, hopefully this will now be a thing of history with Figarti.

Try if you can to look at the items before buying as you can easily tell if areas look a little suspect and it always seems to be the metal parts that have the issues. I would not say don't buy just better to be fore warned what could happen before parting with your money
Mitch

Don,t get me started about Figarti and paint chipping, I,ll leave it at that.
Mitch,s post says it best.
Gary

Only once.... on the Figarti Long Tom Cannon with crew.....Figarti replaced it no questions asked:salute::....EXCELLENT WWII AFV's.... no paint chips on any Figarti AFV's that I own....I currently have 12 of them....Excellent customer service.....Simply the best right now for WWII AFV's....IMHO of course{sm4}

To be fair all the latest stuff I've had there been no problem with paint chip with them but it a different thing with the old stuff

I have about 35 AFV's and about 75 figures, I have had problems with 3 AFV's and about 3 to 5 soldiers. The paint problem, when it occurs, does seem to be in on the metal only.

Ok thanks to everyone taking the time to answer about my question,

Im very gratefull to you all, This forum and its members are top notch.

So i do have the situation very clear,

And i will buy the tanks that im liking.

Thanks again

Serge. {sm4}

DAK PzIV F2, Firefly yes

Berlin: JS2, JSU152, T-34/85 no; grey Tiger no; winter Stuka no

I have several Figarti tanks and all of them are in a cabinet safe from dust, etc. They are seldom handled basically only viewed. When contemplating some rearrangements, I was taken back at the condition of my 155mm Long Tom artillery piece. The paint has peeled off the gun barrel. It looks like an easy fix but......

Not now pleased with Figarti's paint process. Also had the same issue with V-2 figures. Will be checking out my other tanks.

I believe most of the paint issues occurred when they used Brass or aluminum parts. If not treated right with the correct primer it will peel.

I think that is what we all knew and understood all along. Much easier to accept than the triads contaminating paint!!!
Mitch

I believe most of the paint issues occurred when they used Brass or aluminum parts. If not treated right with the correct primer it will peel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back