Panther--which crew?? (1 Viewer)

MC BOWEN

Sergeant First Class
HI GUYS AND GALS --IF ANY---I GOT AN HB PANTHER --MAINLY BECAUSE MOST POSTERS ON THIS HB SECTION SAY THEY ARE THE BEST.THANKS TO ALL OF YOU ESPECIALLY MITCH WHO MENTIONED HB IN ANOTHER THREAD.I LOVE THE TANK .I HAVE 4 PANTHERS AND IT IS THE MOST REALISTIC I OWN OR HAVE SEEN.I NEED YOUR HELP PICKING A CREW TO GO AROUND IT.IT IS THE REST PANTHER AND CAME WITH 2 HB CREW.I BOUGHT A K&C COMMANDER TO GO WITH THEM.I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHICH CREW YOU THINK WORKS BEST.---THE HB CREW--- HB WITH COMMANDER-----KING &COUNTRY CREW ----OR-- FIRST LEGION CREW.THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.GOD I LOVE TOY SOLDIERS!!! HBCREW
DSC01051.jpg

KING&COUNTRY
DSC01048.jpg

FIRST LEGION
DSC01047.jpg

MC...

My pleasure. They are and, remain IMO the best AFV's that this hobby has seen. I thought the figure poses HB released were perfect for the AFV's and they did some great poses for the crews of german AFV's

I admit that I have never posed my HB collection with any other figures than those originally released with the sets so, don't know what works best but, I could see CS and K&C working well with these AFV's think the FL look a bit small for the tank though, the panther was a huge tank but, its nice to see the pics with different crews on them

I do think the best figure was the winter panther commander with his coffee probably the best figure they released for me.
Mitch

I actually like the FL crew with the HB AFVs. It really boils down to which figures you will display around the vehicle since FL don't mix well with the other manufacturers.

To give you an idea of the size of this tank here is a shot of me beside Bovington's sample.

DSC_0468.jpg

Here is a shot of one with the FL crew member

2010_10_24_DSC_0058_small.jpg

I agree that the Winter Panther is probably one of HB's best releases.

I don't have FL but it looks like that FL goes well with the HB Panther, as do the HB figures, as issued. As Mitch said, and Frank showed, the Panthers were very large. The scale of most 1/30 figures seems to be a little oversize, making them a little large next to the vehicles. The Panthers and Tigers dwarfed the men around them and all one has to do is study some photos to see this. The true scale FL appear to and the slightly larger HB fit very well, whereas the even larger CS and KC figures are just a bit too big, IMHO. But this actually means nothing if you like the looks of them with the vehicles. I do and display the HB, CS, and KC together and with the vehicles. It's your army, do what you want to. :smile2: -- Al

Where were you able to purchase your HB Panther tank? I have been looking for one to add to my collection.

Thanks,

Alex

where were you able to purchase your hb panther tank? I have been looking for one to add to my collection.

Thanks,

alex

i got mine at hobby bunker from matt.he took in a collection and the hb.tank was part of it.they hit e-bay now and again--there is a nice hb winter sherman on now. Mike b.THERE WAS A HB PANTHER ON E-BAY LAST WEEK OUT OF ENGLAND -I DO NOT THINK IT SOLD -SO IT MAY COME BACK UP.PETE AT TREEFROG ALSO HAD ONE -A WHILE AGO--MAY BE GONE BUT HE MAY BE ABLE TO FIND YOU ONE.

Fmethorst thank you for the photo,s your panther look amazing and i envy you getting to the tank museum.mike b.

Where were you able to purchase your HB Panther tank? I have been looking for one to add to my collection.

Thanks,

Alex

Try contacting Kevin Elliott (Panda1gen on this forum). He used to be the exclusive Honour Bound dealer for the UK, and I believe he still has Honour Bound vehicles and field kitchens available for sale.:wink2:

Thanks Louis! I was able to purchase one from Peter. Now if I could only find a jadgpanther-my collection would be complete.

Try contacting Kevin Elliott (Panda1gen on this forum). He used to be the exclusive Honour Bound dealer for the UK, and I believe he still has Honour Bound vehicles and field kitchens available for sale.:wink2:

Amund glad peter could help you.please post photo's of your new hb panther when you get time.mike b.

I recently picked up the winter Sherman tank and one of the jagdpanther tanks at a liquidation sale this weekend for unbelievable prices!!!! Both vehicles are in "mint" condition!!!! Pictures to follow soon. I cannot believe my good fortune!

HI GUYS AND GALS --IF ANY---I GOT AN HB PANTHER --MAINLY BECAUSE MOST POSTERS ON THIS HB SECTION SAY THEY ARE THE BEST.THANKS TO ALL OF YOU ESPECIALLY MITCH WHO MENTIONED HB IN ANOTHER THREAD.I LOVE THE TANK .I HAVE 4 PANTHERS AND IT IS THE MOST REALISTIC I OWN OR HAVE SEEN.I NEED YOUR HELP PICKING A CREW TO GO AROUND IT.IT IS THE REST PANTHER AND CAME WITH 2 HB CREW.I BOUGHT A K&C COMMANDER TO GO WITH THEM.I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHICH CREW YOU THINK WORKS BEST.---THE HB CREW--- HB WITH COMMANDER-----KING &COUNTRY CREW ----OR-- FIRST LEGION CREW.THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.GOD I LOVE TOY SOLDIERS!!! HBCREW
DSC01051.jpg

KING&COUNTRY
DSC01048.jpg

FIRST LEGION
DSC01047.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back