Parragon (1 Viewer)

gk5717

2nd Lieutenant
When their first sets came out I was really disappointed as I expected them to fit right in with TSSD,s 7th Cavalry, and in my opinion they did not. I bought them and they just grew on me. Use them seperately and they are great. I have since bought every cavalry, Apache set plus some converted figures and they are now one of my non WW2 favorite lines. Looks like Parragon will be moving to another line. I just hope it,s not The Alamo or cowboys. And if they do WW2 PLEASE make them size compatable with Conte and TSSD.
Gary

I'm thinking it might be Alamo - can understand disappointment for folks not into the battle or War of Texas Independence, I'll be happy with whatever they produce. Paragon's cavalry figures have always reminded me of the old John Ford/John Wayne cavalry trilogy - "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon," "Rio Grande," and "Fort Apache." I told Gene that at the last Texas Show and he just grinned. Since then I think that was his point.

It does seem like we are getting barraged by Western themes. I for one would like to see a nicely done Medieval 100 yrs War set but that not forthcoming more WW2. It's been kind of a dry spell for the most popular era in collecting, the Pegasus Germans were a little disappointing due to their small size. Engineer Bassevitch made some excellent Russians but as noted hard to find and expensive. Maybe the plastic producers think WW2 has been tapped out? IMHO I'd like to see 1940 French, German, British and US Naval, Partisans, 1939 Poles, late war Brit Commandos, Aussies, Chindits and any movie/TV themed set like Cross of Iron, Dirty Dozen, Guns of Navarone, Combat and Rat Patrol. Also close to WW2 Korean War Marines in winter gear and Chinese/N. Koreans in winter. Also for 2014 I'd like to see Vietnam done in 1/32-1/30 plastic.

I'm thinking it might be Alamo - can understand disappointment for folks not into the battle or War of Texas Independence, I'll be happy with whatever they produce. Paragon's cavalry figures have always reminded me of the old John Ford/John Wayne cavalry trilogy - "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon," "Rio Grande," and "Fort Apache." I told Gene that at the last Texas Show and he just grinned. Since then I think that was his point.

I'd love to see an expansion of the Western Series. It could include Commanches and Texas Rangers from the 1840s, 9th or 10th Cav, pioneers, cowpokes, villagers, outlaws, more Apaches, infantry, and so on and so on. He, TSSD, and Austin are doing nice things, but it's just a start. Even Mexican cavalry, villagers, bandits, and so forth.

It does seem like we are getting barraged by Western themes. I for one would like to see a nicely done Medieval 100 yrs War set but that not forthcoming more WW2. It's been kind of a dry spell for the most popular era in collecting, the Pegasus Germans were a little disappointing due to their small size. Engineer Bassevitch made some excellent Russians but as noted hard to find and expensive. Maybe the plastic producers think WW2 has been tapped out? IMHO I'd like to see 1940 French, German, British and US Naval, Partisans, 1939 Poles, late war Brit Commandos, Aussies, Chindits and any movie/TV themed set like Cross of Iron, Dirty Dozen, Guns of Navarone, Combat and Rat Patrol. Also close to WW2 Korean War Marines in winter gear and Chinese/N. Koreans in winter. Also for 2014 I'd like to see Vietnam done in 1/32-1/30 plastic.

I'm with you and the untapped WWII.

Plastic General

The Austin cowboys were "nice" although it seems the Clint Eastwood figure is missing part of the pistol ring around the trigger on the right hand firing (mismold?). Anyone else notice this?

By the way where are the cowboys riding on horses on the plains or into town?

The paragon figures still suffer from too small weapons and too small heads. Their Ft Apache looks nice though.

Re: Parragon Playset

I have been looking at the Paragon Playsets, Apache Wells and Apache Wars.
They both have excellent scenic pieces.
Since I received no Christmas gifts, one of them could be the item.
Maybe Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back