Pegasus bridge in 1/30th scale (1 Viewer)

attic_david

Private 2
I was approached a few months ago by a customer who wanted me to make Pegasus bridge for him in 1/30th scale. I thought it gave me a great opportunity to try out a laser cutting friend of mine and see if he could design and build one, with all components cut out using his laser cutting machine.
Well, 2 weeks ago I got the built but unpainted bridge and it is magnificent. All that was left for me to do was paint it and weather it.

It is of course very good timing that it should be ready for the show this weekend with the 70th anniversary of the landings on Friday and the actual bridge playing apart in those commemorations. The piece will be on my stand on Saturday and I will be taking orders for them as, unlike most of my scratch built work, the design work is all in a computer and can be produced again.
Here are a couple of shots we took of it today. It was too sunny and we didnt have any figures to show scale but it gives you an idea. I hope to take more photos at the show when I will have figures from Figarti on it.
pegasus bridge 1.jpg
pegasus bridge 2.jpg
pegasus bridge 3.jpg

We will be working on a specially made shipping box that will allow us to ship it all over the world.
Get in touch if you are interested or come and see it at the show- it looks better in the flesh.

David

Amazing, you have nailed it. Ball park, what would this cost to buy. I will be sitting down when you reply. I hope you get lots of orders for your excellent work. Robin.

What a superb set sounds like you could make almost anything David with this laser cutter.

I agree the bridge is amazing and you did a great job on painting and weathering. This could be the future in making multiple dio buildings and structures.

Tom

Amazing, you have nailed it. Ball park, what would this cost to buy. I will be sitting down when you reply. I hope you get lots of orders for your excellent work. Robin.

Forget the bridge - get a price on the laser cutter!{sm4}

I am interested in the side building if it will be sold separately... as I already have one of the few figarti bridge versions not in a million pieces... I think if you can solve the shipping issues this will be a big seller....

WOW!!!!!! No other words are necessary! That is just a stunning piece! Well done

What is the price? Can this be bought flat pack and allow the buyer to build and paint themselves??
Mitch

The bridge will cost £1000 + shipping.
We have no plans to sell it as a kit as it hasnt been designed to be built with instructions. The laser cutter developed it as he went and I think only he can build it.
There is no reason why the side building can not be sold separately. I can work a price out if you like.

Shipping is the interesting one. We plan to make a purpose built box for it so we should be able to ship anywhere in the world. The bridge is very light so there won't be the issues that the Figarti bridge had. Also, if some bits were damaged, we can just 'print' another piece off, spray it grey and send it to you for you to repair. The whole project has been produced withing a 5 mile raduis in the centre of England- just south of Nottingham so we can get replacement parts out to customers quickly.

We are probably going to make this a limited edition piece as both myself and the laser cutter get bored of doing lots of the same thing (that is why TMTerrain is a comission, one off model making service!). Each bridge is hand made and finished- only the parts are machined so I do think we only have so many in us before we 'retire it'. I can't see us making more than 20 at the most so if you do want one please get in touch soon.

David
TMterrain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back