Photobucket Issues (2 Viewers)

How feasible would it be to start a pre photobucket gouging section? When each member sorts out their hosting issues they could start a thread with links to their saved pictures or albums. They wouldn't be in the original posts, but they would still be accessible to interested members.

An interesting idea ... :rolleyes2:
I had been sort of thinking of starting a parallel thread, if I should go down the rabbit hole, on the older photos.

The problem I have with a whole new thread is that I would need to move all the "dialog" of the story plus keep them in the same chronological order to keep the flow of the story. A pain in the .....

--- LaRRy

Larry,

I think you're going to have to start the whole thread again and then when you've caught up, ask Pete to delete the old thread.

Brad

Larry,

I think you're going to have to start the whole thread again and then when you've caught up, ask Pete to delete the old thread.

Brad

Afternoon Brad,

Sort of looking that way.

My only hope now is that PB forgets about me, since I stopped uploading photos to their site. I am 47% full, but it will drop as I get rid of many photos that are not posted anywhere. So maybe they will keep the photos that have showing as long as I stay under the radar .... ^&confuse

--- LaRRy

An interesting idea ... :rolleyes2:
I had been sort of thinking of starting a parallel thread, if I should go down the rabbit hole, on the older photos.

The problem I have with a whole new thread is that I would need to move all the "dialog" of the story plus keep them in the same chronological order to keep the flow of the story. A pain in the .....

--- LaRRy

I wouldn't even bother trying to match the dialog. It would just be an access point to older pictures that members would like to reference. If you're reading the original post and see the PB start an account box you could look up the posters picture in the new section. As far as trying to restore things the way they were that will probably never happen.

Question to all....
I have never used the PB and have always used the Forum`s upload tool...it is slower but guaranteed! Why not consider loading your pics via the forum´s tool and with that the pics will always be in the library and all you need is to choose from the file manager and add it to the thread? Or else use Flikr as an option to store your pictures?
Not sure if this helps?
Cheers
A_C

Question to all....
I have never used the PB and have always used the Forum`s upload tool...it is slower but guaranteed! Why not consider loading your pics via the forum´s tool and with that the pics will always be in the library and all you need is to choose from the file manager and add it to the thread? Or else use Flikr as an option to store your pictures?
Not sure if this helps?
Cheers
A_C

That is amost what I am doing now. Actually, I am finding it quicker than the Photobucket method. I take the picture - load it on my Laptop -- resize it with the tool --- upload it into the thread. I keep a copy of all my photos on Google Photos for safe keeping as well as on a USB stick.

With Photobucket, I was experiencing a considerable slow down in upload speed. Sometimes it would take me 2-3 minutes to upload a photo. I never was able to upload a folder. I always came up with an error of some sort.

I will just have to wait and see what happens. ....:redface2:

I am not mad at the "business" decision that PB made. I AM MAD at the way they just shut people down with ZERO notice. A professional approach woud to have given all their customers a 90 days notice before shutting down their pictures.

QUESTION TO MODERATORS: Is there anyway to set up and post to a thread, BUT keep it private until I wanted to launch it for public view?

--- LaRRy

I would be very careful about giving PB any money. They probably sprung this on everyone because they need cash. Give them 400.00 now and they go belly up in a few months you probably won't be seeing a refund.

I wouldn't even bother trying to match the dialog. It would just be an access point to older pictures that members would like to reference. If you're reading the original post and see the PB start an account box you could look up the posters picture in the new section. As far as trying to restore things the way they were that will probably never happen.

This ^^

Photobucket smells like a company struggling to pay the bills

I suggest using Smug Mug. Zach recommended this site and I love it. Yes, you have to pay but it's not expensive and worth every penny, or tuppence :wink2:

Brad

I love smug mug and what is great is that it is yours. Customize it any way you want and there will never be issues like with PB.
You also can make some albums public, some private, some semi (password access), etc.

If you want to take a look

https://lang.smugmug.com/

Also, with smug mug, you can upload from tablet, pc, phone, etc.. dropbox, google - endless options

The issue with direct upload to the forum is you have to resize. Most cameras now and phones take images that are too big. For me, the cost of smug mug is worth not having to resize images all the time.

An auto resize feature on forum software would be invaluable, but I am not sure any of them allow it

I love smug mug and what is great is that it is yours. Customize it any way you want and there will never be issues like with PB.
You also can make some albums public, some private, some semi (password access), etc.

If you want to take a look

https://lang.smugmug.com/

I wasn't able to post photos to forums unless I made the albums public.

Zach,

I just went to your public photos, and wow you do have very cool photos from your collection and those of Chicago show 2017.

Seems Smug is very nice to have your collection very well displayed, or organized.
Serge. :)

As a cost savings if you 'refer' (Refer-a-Friend) each other on Smug Mug you each save something like 20% off the first year. I have been using them for years and me & some of my college buddies just keep the referrals going through the group! I'm on the basic plan and it is still less than $40 a year. Some of my family members also have access as it has become kind of a sharing site for us (that I pay for). Personal albums locked - which is an awesome feature!
You can send links to albums to people you want to share with as well.
MANY nice features at, as far as I am concerned, a very low price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back