Photos from K&C's Hong Kong office and store (3 Viewers)

For those of you who want to see what Andy is working on (as of November, 2005), below is a picture of a table in his office. Russian-made figures, figures made by competitors, Hatchette and some interesting tanks.:)

img_0252a.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics Steven. Do keep them coming. I have noticed though the none of the displays are shown in a diorama fashion. Are there any such displays in the stores?

Njja said:
... It must certainly add to your enjoyment of the trips getting to stop in and visit a bit with Andy C & his team. I'll bet the flight is a killer, how many hours to Hong Kong?
Njja
Dear John,
Besides visiting K&C, I also visit Frontline and East of India -- all headquartered in Hong Kong.:D During my last trip to Hong Kong, I also visited Figarti's factory in Shanghai.:D The direct flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong is 14.5 hours -- 20+ hours if you stop off in Tokyo.:eek:

victory said:
Thanks for posting the pics Steven. Do keep them coming. I have noticed though the none of the displays are shown in a diorama fashion. Are there any such displays in the stores?
There are diorama displays ... have not posted the photos yet.:)

Dear Victory,
Below are photos of the dioramas in K&C's office.:)

img_0225a.jpg

img_0241a.jpg

Note the camel and bedouin in the lower left corner?

img_0223a.jpg

img_0240a.jpg

Sorry, this photo is blurry.

Another shelf in K&C's office. Notice the gun turret from DD35 mounted on a Sherman tank hull on the left.:) Did the U.S. ever have something like this in WWII?:confused:

img_0237a.jpg

Steven:

Thanks for sharing the photos with us, they were wonderful!

Njja

Very nice displays. I love the use of the Egyptian statue with the DAK figures. I wonder where the DAK motorcycle with sidecar came from. Once again, thanks for sharing Steven.

victory said:
... I wonder where the DAK motorcycle with sidecar came from ...
Dear Victory,
I believe the motorcycle with sidecar is AK08 without the figures.:)

Yep. Your right. Just another set I'll only get to see in pictures.

Great photos, Steven, thanks for posting them. Have you seen the new Afrika Corp pieces?

Thanks, Fred

Great pictures. Where did Andy get the town buildings in that Berlin 45 diorama? Where they custom build?

Great pics, thanks. Is this a DAK pak 40 I see in the bottom right? And a DAK version of ws08? Was this the early series of AK - before my time?

Attachments

• img_0241a.jpg
    img_0241a.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 148
Joey,

Those buildings or something like them in the Berlin 45 diorama are commercially available. I've seen them in my local dealer's store. They are big, however.

boot51 said:
Great photos, Steven, thanks for posting them. Have you seen the new Afrika Corp pieces?
Thanks, Fred
Dear Fred,
Haven't seen them personally, but they are in transit to me.:)

panda1gen said:
Great pics, thanks. Is this a DAK pak 40 I see in the bottom right? And a DAK version of ws08? Was this the early series of AK - before my time?

I don't think there was an AK Pak 40 but there was a grenadiers AK 05, which is what might be in that diorama.

Dear Steven,

Don't worry, the book is not done from my (sometimes shody) memory, all the set names and numbers come right from the flyers and price lists.

Regards,

Louis

jazzeum said:
I don't think there was an AK Pak 40 but there was a grenadiers AK 05, which is what might be in that diorama.

Thanks Brad for the info on AK05 - never even seen a picture of them before.

Looked at my pak 40 sets though, was it ws18? Looks like a DAK version here, not the same as mine, they are in ss camo.

Kevin

panda1gen said:
Thanks Brad for the info on AK05 - never even seen a picture of them before.

Looked at my pak 40 sets though, was it ws18? Looks like a DAK version here, not the same as mine, they are in ss camo.

Kevin

Kevin,

If you look at Bill Sager's site, www.toysoldiersusa.com, he has a picture of AK 05. The Pak 40 was WS 18.

Louis can confirm, but I do not think a Pak 40 was done in the AK line. Like the EA sets painted for the European theater, Andy was probably trying different paint schemes on existing castings.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back