Photos of New Hougoumont Set (2 Viewers)

Hi JPB

Just to let you know that Mike (my father) and John spoke about the Hougouumont a while back and regards it design.

the Building as a whole is 1/32nd however the main figure interactive parts (windows, doors, walls and holes in walls for guns etc) are at 1/30th scale. John Used the K&C figures to get the scale of this.

This is so britains and K&C figures would not look out of place. It works very well and was a bit of a shock and awe at the London show.

regards

Tony

Hi Tony,

thanks for the feedback.

Can you post some more photos if you find the time?

Thanks

JPB

I am hoping that this piece goes well with my trophy collection. Right now i am using the classic toy soldier hougoumont piece that george painted up for me for my 15ft layout. So i have the room. I just hope evrything is the right scale. Also will there be any firing steps? I have been to the real chateau and i can see where the patches in the brick garden wall are for the loopholes, but i am sure there must have been firing steps utilized to fire over the wall. Please advise

I am hoping that this piece goes well with my trophy collection. Right now i am using the classic toy soldier hougoumont piece that george painted up for me for my 15ft layout. So i have the room. I just hope evrything is the right scale. Also will there be any firing steps? I have been to the real chateau and i can see where the patches in the brick garden wall are for the loopholes, but i am sure there must have been firing steps utilized to fire over the wall. Please advise

Chateau? you mean farm...

JPB

I like the way the text speaks of a chateau (castle) and the pictures speak of the farm... :)

(who died defending this farm...)

So lets leave this open and call it a chateau / farm.
I know they are looking for funds...
http://www.projecthougoumont.com/ and they are calling it a farm

But whatever. I like the place and will surely go for the JG version.

Did you see the pictures I took at Waterloo of the Hougoumont white version as it was at that time? They are under the social thread.

JPB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back