Photos of New Hougoumont Set (1 Viewer)

That is a spectacular piece! Maybe, Shannon can put together a big order to save on shipping costs from overseas... I would be interested in this piece depending on price.

What is the construction materials used to build this? Is it a sturdy piece? Heavy? Sparked my interest for sure! :)

Would love to see some close-up photos, if anyone is going to the London show where this piece is supposedly making its debut...

It is a super looking piece and would look good with my Britains Napoleonics. But I will have to come up with the money some how.

Hi George. I think the JGM hougoumont grouping of the South Wall is just amazingly fantastic. I would love to have it but its going to take some real financial wizardry to do it. My Wm. Britain Coldstream Guards would look great with it. If you are going to have one at the OTSN I will be sure to stop by to say hello and to have a look at it . . . . . . . Mike

Mike,
I agree with you for sure, I hope the price is not a buzz kill for all the collectors who have been asking someone to make this piece. If the price is not an issue and it sells well, I suspect John will do more pieces of the farm complex.

Imagine a 1/32nd scale Hougomont, wow.

I will certainly have it at the show, it's the show of shows and this piece deserves top billing at the show.........

It is without a doubt the best building ever made for our miniatures. The price of $1600 is a bit of a killjoy though. I was thinking of buying the cattle barns to work into a civilian dio but even they are $260-$360 a piece.

Is Hougoumont now for 1/30 or 1/32?

JPB

JG Miniatures has the Hougoumont set listed on their web site under their 1/30 scale models. Although I collect the 1/32 scale WB Napoleonics, I believe they would be a good fit with this model. . . . . . . . . . Mike

JG Miniatures has the Hougoumont set listed on their web site under their 1/30 scale models. Although I collect the 1/32 scale WB Napoleonics, I believe they would be a good fit with this model. . . . . . . . . . Mike

Thanks for the info.

JPB

I don't know Mike but I don't think the WB matt Napoleonics are really 1/32, whatever that means. They are the same size as First Legion or about 55mm sole to eyes and near 59mm sole to head. I went through some pains to try and figure this out over in this thread.
http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13464&page=4
In any case, I think these building additions should fit nicely with both.

I don't know Mike but I don't think the WB matt Napoleonics are really 1/32, whatever that means. They are the same size as First Legion or about 55mm sole to eyes and near 59mm sole to head. I went through some pains to try and figure this out over in this thread.

I am in total agreement with you. The WB nappies are advertised as 1/32 (54mm) but I always thought they were closer to 56mm which is what you have experienced.

Mike

After you purchase this you won't be able to afford vast amounts of soldiers. If you buy all 5 pieces together it is 973.84 GB pounds with the VAT tax. This is a savings of over 160 pounds if each section was purchased separately. Shipping to the USA is another 90 pounds (even higher for Asia and Australia). This is listed now on the JGM website in the 1/30 scale section. . . . . . Mike
Just a correction from John about the above quote:

If a customer in the US bought direct the price would be £846.81 (VAT tax exempt) plus £90.00 postage giving a total of £936.81.

The one plus of the whole VAT system is that they don't levy it on US buyers. As I see it is a penalty on their own citizens for buying outside the EU and of course being over the pond the US is not a member. ;)
Cheers,

Just a correction from John about the above quote:

If a customer in the US bought direct the price would be £846.81 (VAT tax exempt) plus £90.00 postage giving a total of £936.81.

The one plus of the whole VAT system is that they don't levy it on US buyers. As I see it is a penalty on their own citizens for buying outside the EU and of course being over the pond the US is not a member. ;)
Cheers,

Shannon the VAT is just the name of the tax in Britain, over here we call it sales tax. The VAT is also deducted when shipping to Canada too. :D The duty will kill you though :mad:

Purely as an observation to the side, I do wish people would stop this height to the eyes business. Measurement can only be to the top of the head, I have never met anyone who, when asked how tall they are, reply "5 foot 4 inches to my eyes".

Purely as an observation to the side, I do wish people would stop this height to the eyes business. Measurement can only be to the top of the head, I have never met anyone who, when asked how tall they are, reply "5 foot 4 inches to my eyes".
Well interestingly using eye height is not just a whim. Frankly it seems to be a useful convention for figure sizing derived from the need to otherwise estimate the top of the head inside tall headgear, such as for Napoleonics or ancients. You can work around that problem by taking representative samples from the eyes to the head for bareheaded figures and then extrapolating them to the headed ones for a total height number, as I did in that thread I reference, but the most reliable common way to measure these figures is too the eyes.;) It is much more common and helpful than you may think.

So we are not really sure if the building is 1/30 or 1/32 scale?

JPB

So we are not really sure if the building is 1/30 or 1/32 scale?

JPB

Hi JPB

Just to let you know that Mike (my father) and John spoke about the Hougouumont a while back and regards it design.

the Building as a whole is 1/32nd however the main figure interactive parts (windows, doors, walls and holes in walls for guns etc) are at 1/30th scale. John Used the K&C figures to get the scale of this.

This is so britains and K&C figures would not look out of place. It works very well and was a bit of a shock and awe at the London show.

regards

Tony

Hi JPB

Just to let you know that Mike (my father) and John spoke about the Hougouumont a while back and regards it design.

the Building as a whole is 1/32nd however the main figure interactive parts (windows, doors, walls and holes in walls for guns etc) are at 1/30th scale. John Used the K&C figures to get the scale of this.

This is so britains and K&C figures would not look out of place. It works very well and was a bit of a shock and awe at the London show.

regards

Tony

Not surprised there at all. It looks bloody fantastic !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back