Picked up the King Tiger (1 Viewer)

braddinpa

Sergeant Major
I have to admit. I am very impressed with the CS King Tiger (Normandy). I was lucky because i had a chance to compare it to the king and country version side by side before i bought it. (I didn't have a preference for either seller). But hands down. When I looked at them side by side. I really liked the CS version. And the price was about 40 or 50 cheaper (i forget exactly). So CS. You have a very happy customer! Keep em coming! Brad

I have to admit. I am very impressed with the CS King Tiger (Normandy). I was lucky because i had a chance to compare it to the king and country version side by side before i bought it. (I didn't have a preference for either seller). But hands down. When I looked at them side by side. I really liked the CS version. And the price was about 40 or 50 cheaper (i forget exactly). So CS. You have a very happy customer! Keep em coming! Brad
Great pick-up. The CS KT lists for $179 while the KC KT lists for $239, a $60 difference. I have both maker's KT's and I like both tanks but it is no contest. The CS KT is much the better deal, for detail, paint, size, and price. -- Al

Agree with you Al. It was nice being able to compare side by side. I heard lots of good things about CS. Top notch in my book. Can't wait to pick up the soldier add ons.!:)

I am glad you like the King Tiger. I have lots of CS and K&C tanks, and the winter CS KT is definitely one of the very best in my collection.

Agree with you Al. It was nice being able to compare side by side. I heard lots of good things about CS. Top notch in my book. Can't wait to pick up the soldier add ons.!:)

Congrats on your new purchase. You should grap the tank riders & jumpers as well. I have them and they are VERY nice.

I got the Normandy Zimmeritt King Tiger almost 2 months ago. Can't complain it's a great Tank. ^&cool

Here is another question. Do the tank riders from the MK IV work with the Tiger? It looks like they did. But want to make sure. I will get the the loaders for sure.

Here is another question. Do the tank riders from the MK IV work with the Tiger? It looks like they did. But want to make sure. I will get the the loaders for sure.

Yes they will work ^&grin

its a superb rendition of the KT very detailed and a really good price for what you get
Mitch

Collectors showcase is keeping quality up and prices near level.i am not sure how brian is doing this unless they are eating most of the up-charges and making a little less on the items.i hope tcs can keep it up they are imo the best value for your dollar right now.can not wait for the new tank and romans.

Collectors showcase is keeping quality up and prices near level.i am not sure how brian is doing this unless they are eating most of the up-charges and making a little less on the items.i hope tcs can keep it up they are imo the best value for your dollar right now.can not wait for the new tank and romans.

I'll tell you how we are doing this:

1. Pricing in China is not nearly as high as some would have you think, that's for starters.

2. Our market share is growing. So we are selling more items which of course grows our margins, hence if there is a mild uptick in pricing its easily absorbed.

3. Our development cost is quite low but the sculpting is top notch. We don't have to travel here and there to get sculpts done with an army of workers trailing behind us. We do all of this fine work under one roof right here in the good old USA! Believe it or not we actually create jobs here in the US, not just in China or somewhere else.

And of course we police pricing, we want the industry to be inclusive not exclusive. We want new collectors, we don't want them scared away by high prices.

I love this industry and part of what I'm always trying to do is create the finest pieces possible at decent margins, enough so that new collectors will join the industry.

And on another note: never forgot all those great stores and dealers out there who are weathering the storm to make sure the next generation of collectors can see and be inspired up front and in person by our hobby! They are why the hobby is still around, they deserve all the support one can give.

Tally Hooo!

regards,

Brian

Brian, that's the best news I've read on this forum since I joined!
Well done, Sir!

Brian,

Yes very well done Sir. That's why I've just pre-ordered the Wittman Tiger from my favourite dealer in the US.

1. Pricing in China is not nearly as high as some would have you think, that's for starters.

2. Our market share is growing. So we are selling more items which of course grows our margins, hence if there is a mild uptick in pricing its easily absorbed.

3. Our development cost is quite low but the sculpting is top notch. We don't have to travel here and there to get sculpts done with an army of workers trailing behind us. We do all of this fine work under one roof right here in the good old USA! Believe it or not we actually create jobs here in the US, not just in China or somewhere else.

And of course we police pricing, we want the industry to be inclusive not exclusive. We want new collectors, we don't want them scared away by high prices.

I love this industry and part of what I'm always trying to do is create the finest pieces possible at decent margins, enough so that new collectors will join the industry.

And on another note: never forgot all those great stores and dealers out there who are weathering the storm to make sure the next generation of collectors can see and be inspired up front and in person by our hobby! They are why the hobby is still around, they deserve all the support one can give.

Tally Hooo!

regards,

Brian
1- {eek3}{eek3}{eek3} Well, how about that?
2- outstanding
3- even more outstanding
Finally, someone who gets it. Best post I've read in ages, and most informative. Thanks, Brian. -- Al

Tally Hooo!

regards,^&grin

Brian
Great post Brain , so when are going to start making planes ?

Outstanding thread explained superbly. A complete class act is CS. IMO
Mitch

Tally Hooo!

regards,

Brian

Sounds like a consumer friendly business plan/strategy. Fair prices and high quality sounds good to me. Also like the fact that some jobs are in the USA. Proves you can use the "developed world" to create toy soldiers. Keep up the great work! Perhaps you should give a seminar to your less consumer friendly competitors who seem keen on pricing out a large segment of their customer base! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back