Pics of the vignettes I made over the last year using K&C figurines (1 Viewer)

Guy

Major

Here are a few picts of a few of the dios I made over the last 12 months using K&C figurines.( last vignette " show me the way to go home ... to my new unit", was presented to the forum a week or so ago)
005bis.jpgH.T.1.12.07 010.jpg20.03.2010 007-1.jpg006bis.jpgH.T.1.12.07 015.jpg
guy{sm4}

Very well done!
Please post more pictures of your vignettes. They're brilliant {sm3}

Oliver

Superb nice dios, really love the last vignette dio....yes, more pics pls

Are the soldiers bases permanently glued in on the dio-base?

Some more pics of vignettes I made using K&C figurines

H.T.1.12.07 043.jpgH.T.1.12.07 002.jpgH.T.1.12.07 048.jpgH.T.1.12.07 047.jpgH.T.1.12.07 019.jpg
guy{sm4}

My favorite is a "bridge DIO, of course they are all nice:smile2:
mario

Guy, these are really excellent vignettes you have done. All are truly small works of art. I enjoy seeing vignettes as they depict a scene on a small scale allowing the use of your imagination to wonder what might be happening. Thanks for posting all these pictures.

Well done Guy they look great - I too really like the bridge dio. Why do you have to glue the figures in place? Is it because the display is so small and they would fall off?

Well done Guy they look great - I too really like the bridge dio. Why do you have to glue the figures in place? Is it because the display is so small and they would fall off?

The reason I glue the figures is because I want to cover the bases of the figurines with the groundwork I am using in the dio . I do not like dios where one can see the figurine's base. It looks unnatural and ugly. The figures are still K&C ( although repainted and weathered) but they are telling a story. I do not like shelfs stacked with toy soldiers. I want to use my figurines in an environment in which they belong and that corresponds with the real thing . Reality in miniature that is my motto.
guy{sm4}

The reason I glue the figures is because I want to cover the bases of the figurines with the groundwork I am using in the dio . I do not like dios where one can see the figurine's base. It looks unnatural and ugly. The figures are still K&C ( although repainted and weathered) but they are telling a story. I do not like shelfs stacked with toy soldiers. I want to use my figurines in an environment in which they belong and that corresponds with the real thing . Reality in miniature that is my motto.
guy{sm4}

Your re-paints are fantastic, as are the dios. It's nice to see these figures with the correct equipment color. That's my only complaint with the GIs they do. Equipment belts, slings, pouches and the like are never the correct color.

Matthew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back