Playtime (1 Viewer)

Lawrence Lo

Staff Sergeant
Organizing the toys and decided to play a little with them

picture.php

Black Watch

Great set-up Lawrence!! These toys are a time machine! Takes you back to childhood!!

That looks so good.

I normally wouldn't dream of buying ready-mades - but these glossies look so cool - if I EVER see any, I'm going to buy some. Great organisation of great troops Lawrence - well done. johnnybach

Lawrence mate,
Very, very nice cobber. Are you trying to convert me to the "Glossy Side" away from matte.:D
You will have Clive (Grey Goose) going bananas over those camels.;)
Cheers Howard

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Have been reorganizing the troops, so have been having fun. Takes the mind away from the miserable weather, economy, etc. I will try to post more later. Hope everyone has a great weekend playing with the troops :)

Lawrence mate,
Very, very nice cobber. Are you trying to convert me to the "Glossy Side" away from matte.:D
You will have Clive (Grey Goose) going bananas over those camels.;)
Cheers Howard

Howard,
As you have almost completed the matte collection, I thought it might plant a little seed in your mind. I will certainly do my best to nurture that seed :)

As for Clive, talked with his psychiatrist, he says Clive only goes bananas when there are a dozen on display, so I pictured only ten :p:D Not a pretty sight to see a grown Banker cry :eek: (Hope he does not read this - otherwise I will be doing the crying as he pummels me :p)

Have a great weekend mate.

All the best,
Lawrence

Nice photos and figures, especially looking at the camel troops. Thanks for posting. John

This kinda stuff right here is what I'm talking about!!! Should you ever feel the need to trade or part with this please please keep me in mind...I love this set! Absolutely beautiful!

Lawrence these sets are great got to love glossies :) I never picked up any K&C glossy figures as they had stopped making them before I discovered K&C :( most of my glossies are britains I will have to keep an eye out for some of these to add to my collection.!
The castle is great aswell I managed to get the main gate section last year & currently display my britains redcoats with it, I like the wall pieces you have to go with it I didn't realise they had ever been realesed! Something else to keep my eyes peeled for lol.!

Craig

Lawrence these sets are great got to love glossies :) I never picked up any K&C glossy figures as they had stopped making them before I discovered K&C :( most of my glossies are britains I will have to keep an eye out for some of these to add to my collection.!
The castle is great aswell I managed to get the main gate section last year & currently display my britains redcoats with it, I like the wall pieces you have to go with it I didn't realise they had ever been realesed! Something else to keep my eyes peeled for lol.!

Craig

Craig,
These old glossies are fun to play with and fun to track down. The castle facade is K&C's polystone version, but the rest of the walls are made of papier mache by K&C. Great for dioramas - if you see it, you should get it. All the best, Lawrence

More Napoleonic toys

attachment.php

Napoleon in Green Uniform and French Dragoons with Bugler

attachment.php

Napoleon with Old Guard Marching and Egyptian Marmalukes

I would imagine that if K/C ever revisited glossies, they might be a less costlier proposition than matte, because of the less detailed castings and painting. I am mostly a glossy collector at heart...Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back