Preview: Prussian Cuirassiers in the Franco-Prussian War (1 Viewer)

TeamMiniatures

Private 2
Happy New Year to all collectors!

We've carved a few examples of Prussian Cuirassiers to share with everyone ahead of time. Also hope to be able to get everybody's valuable opinion.

With best wishes for a happy New Year!

T.M. Jack

Magdeburg Cuirassier Regiment No . 7
The mounted troopers are wearing the classic Cuirassier uniform. The Koller tunic was made of a cloth known as Kirsey. Since 1817 the regiment had been armed with French cavalry swords with sword knots of red Russian leather.
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

The 7th (Magdeburg) Cuirassiers “von Seydlitz”. A good choice of regiment, they will lend themselves well to anyone wanting to set up a scene form Von Bredow's Death Ride at the Battle of Mars La Tour.
Very interested.
The mounted figure at the halt will not fit in with the charge, but will I suspect be a good stand alone piece.

Well done..great sets......very tempting indeed.....:salute:::salute:::salute:: Makes one that never considered the range to rethink his priorities.....{sm4}{sm4}{sm4}

Well done TM Jack. These are fantastic.
Exactly what I was hoping for. :)

I think they look great!
Now for some French Cavalry and we will have a nice diorama.

You should give some of them beards. Beards were in fashion at the time, and many German soldiers and troopers, and officers, wore them. That would make for additional variety.

Prost!
Brad

Hi TM Jack. Thanks for the preview. I love the charging figures and would buy them. Wouldn’t buy the at ease trooper.
Jason

Looking forward to seeing these done, I really think these have great potential. The sculpts look really good, now its up to the paint finish.

These were my choice for a future release, I'd like to think you took my advise but I'm sure they were already in the works ^&grin

A grouping of the "standing cavalry figures" would look great with some "at ease" or marching infantry getting ready to support the troops in action.

WOW,

these are beautifully sculpted figures, in realistic fighting poses.

They ooze energy and movement, and I'm looking forward to seeing them lined up en-masse in a charge against the French infantry.

FrancoPrussCuir.jpg
Here is a pic from the OSPREY book showing one of the troopers (mounted) so you can all see the uniform colours.

Keep up the great work,

John

These might be a double first for me: first Franco Prussian War figures and first Team Miniatures figures.

The 7th (Magdeburg) Cuirassiers “von Seydlitz”. A good choice of regiment, they will lend themselves well to anyone wanting to set up a scene form Von Bredow's Death Ride at the Battle of Mars La Tour.
Very interested.
The mounted figure at the halt will not fit in with the charge, but will I suspect be a good stand alone piece.

Some Prussian Uhlans or dragoons would also be nice to accompany this release.............IMO, the more this range gets expanded, the more collectors will be drawn to it...........

Some Prussian Uhlans or dragoons would also be nice to accompany this release.............IMO, the more this range gets expanded, the more collectors will be drawn to it...........
I agree. I originally had no intentions of collecting this range and now hav3 almost every figure
Jason

Hi Gang

I have all the Franco/Prussian War figures from TM so far (I even have the DelPrado mounted figure depicted in the Osprey plate) and suspect the Prussian cavalry will joint the four sets of infantry. With K&C Falklands War, JJD El Cid, Trojan War, Wellington in India and TG Teutoburg range it's going to be an exciting, and expensive, 2021 I fear.

Happy New Year all.

Gary

I agree. I originally had no intentions of collecting this range and now hav3 almost every figure
Jason
TM Jack, Can you please tell us what French cavalry you will be making. You don't have to give us pictures ( but you could). I think all of us TM collectors are dying to know whats next.

Thanks

Jason

TM Jack, Can you please tell us what French cavalry you will be making. You don't have to give us pictures ( but you could). I think all of us TM collectors are dying to know whats next.

Thanks

Jason
Hello Jason,

We have carved French Cuirassiers and Tirailleur Algerien. Other infantry and cavalry units in the Franco Prussian War are also being considered. In 2021, we will introduce more Crusader Knights. We can only release this information to everyone for the time being. More topics will be told to all in the future.

Best regards,
TM Jack

Hello Jason,

We have carved French Cuirassiers and Tirailleur Algerien. Other infantry and cavalry units in the Franco Prussian War are also being considered. In 2021, we will introduce more Crusader Knights. We can only release this information to everyone for the time being. More topics will be told to all in the future.

Best regards,
TM Jack
Hi Jack, on behalf of all TM collectors, thank you for the information. I hope sales of The Franco Prussian War are great and the releases keep coming. I am especially excited about the Algerian Tirailleurs.

Regards

Jason

View attachment 270399
Here is a pic from the OSPREY book showing one of the troopers (mounted) so you can all see the uniform colours...

The illustration of the captain (Rittmeister) (#1) is interesting, in that it depicts him wearing his frock coat, or Überrock, under his cuirass, instead of the white Kollet. Hopefully the folks at TeamMiniatures will recognize that this is an exception and not produce a squad of troopers in blue coats.

Prost!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back