Preview: Prussian Cuirassiers in the Franco-Prussian War (2 Viewers)

The illustration of the captain (Rittmeister) (#1) is interesting, in that it depicts him wearing his frock coat, or Überrock, under his cuirass, instead of the white Kollet. Hopefully the folks at TeamMiniatures will recognize that this is an exception and not produce a squad of troopers in blue coats.

Prost!
Brad

Oh great.....now I have something new to worry about.

The illustration of the captain (Rittmeister) (#1) is interesting, in that it depicts him wearing his frock coat, or Überrock, under his cuirass, instead of the white Kollet. Hopefully the folks at TeamMiniatures will recognize that this is an exception and not produce a squad of troopers in blue coats.

Prost!
Brad

Not based on the images I sent them.

You should give some of them beards. Beards were in fashion at the time, and many German soldiers and troopers, and officers, wore them. That would make for additional variety.

Prost!
Brad

Yes I agree with Brad : more numerous soldiers with beard or mustache would be more realistic for this time.
And also not all eyes light blue but rather darker.

Serge

WOW,

these are beautifully sculpted figures, in realistic fighting poses.

They ooze energy and movement, and I'm looking forward to seeing them lined up en-masse in a charge against the French infantry.

View attachment 270399
Here is a pic from the OSPREY book showing one of the troopers (mounted) so you can all see the uniform colours.

Keep up the great work,

John

Yes a massive charge against infantry would be fine but, for me, I think that we have not really french infantry fighting against cavalry untill now :
FL : walking soldiers and TM : skimircher soldiers ( many without bayonet ).
Perhaps future release !.

I'm sure these will be very nice. The TM figures I've seen were really impressive with excellent sculpting and sharp paintwork. I'm just waiting for them to hit one of the eras I collect, and then I will be all in!

Joe

I can’t wait to get these. I can’t wait to see them in Louis French village diorama

I can’t wait to get these. I can’t wait to see them in Louis French village diorama
Unfortunately I’m still waiting on the Hudson & Allen modular bases, and may get the cuirassiers before I have a field for them to charge across.🙁

Any news on the Cuirassiers? ^&confuse

I've been told the Spanish American War Spaniards are due very soon, no word as of yet on the Cuirassiers, we'll see what develops over the next few days................

...no word as of yet on the Cuirassiers, we'll see what develops over the next few days................

Team Miniatures is busy adding beards and converting the tunics from blue frocks to the white Koller.

Prost!
Brad

Hello,

These figures are currently in production. No release date has been set yet, but I can give everyone a preview of the painted figures.

Best wishes,
T.M. Jack
View attachment 273805

Thank you. They look amazing. Best I’ve seen in matte anyway. I have a small collection of the Imperial German Army but in gloss. This one will fit right in with it.

https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com/showthread.php?51516-The-Imperial-German-Army-by-Beating-Retreat

He will go well with this Officer of the Gardes du Corps.

Last edited:
Thank you. They look amazing. Best I’ve seen in matte anyway. I have a small collection of the Imperial German Army but in gloss. This one will fit right in with it.

I'm much the same, I also collect figure from this period, and the single standing Cuirassier will fit in nicely.

John

I'm much the same, I also collect figure from this period, and the single standing Cuirassier will fit in nicely.

John

It’s a fantastic looking figure!

Will you gloss it or leave it as is?

Brad

Jack,
Congratulations on the wonderful looking mounted figures! They are all posed so well and naturally. My favorites are the lead figure (fantastic!) and the one on the dark horse. You figures are very well painted and detailed. I like how you gloss coated the black boots. It's these kinds of features that really make a difference. It's nice to see some manufacturers making applications like this as opposed to minimizing production steps. I also like the variety of horse colors, and they appear to be nicely painted.

Joe

Last edited:
Thanks TM Jack, these figures look great. I will get all of the charging guys, not sure if I will get the at attention figures.
thanks so much for keeping us in the loop and keeping us excited about your great figures.
Jas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back