Pub Hopping (1 Viewer)

Good stuff and such clear photos and scenes. The glossy guys show up great. John

Great scenic item, Randy, and wonderful work setting up all those different scenes. You always have great ideas for your scenes :)
The RAF scene is my favorite.
Konrad

What a great idea for a diorama Randy:cool::cool:

Cheers

Martyn:)

In the years after the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879, Zulu warriors traveled to England (often for International Expositions) where they were a great curiosity for the British public. Some had their formal portraits in traditional dress taken in British studios. King Cetshwayo came to London in 1882 where he was received at court by Queen Victoria .

"Photographic Immortality or A Pint of Bitters"

Below we see an English photographer about to take one of these documentary photographs of a visiting Zulu Warrior in full regalia, when all of a sudden he bolts for the door of the Red Lion pub looking for a pint of bitters, which he has grown a taste for since arriving in England. Perhaps he will develop a taste for fish and chips too. No doubt with that assegai in hand he won't have any trouble getting good service.

A typical studio portrait of a Zulu Warrior is also reproduced below.

Figures by Wm. Britain & Old Northwest Trading Co.

Randy back to his "less is more" approach...Love the WW2 setting I think it is.......neat and very creative.........

Great use of the Zulu figure ! all of the picsa re great , brought a smile to my face

Great use of the Zulu figure ! all of the picsa re great , brought a smile to my face

Great avatar-William Hall from Nova Scotia the VC winner from the Indian Mutiny--3rd Canadian 1st African American

Seen here in the W. Britain Victoria Cross set

Passed through NB in September on the way to PEI.

Randy

Attachments

• WmHallVC.jpg
    WmHallVC.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 92
Hi Randy , you are correct on the avatar , I display my Indian Muntiny VC set with the first day cover of William Hall's VC , issued by Canada Post last February . Hall was also the first Nova Scotian to win the VC. I am originally from Nova Scotia .
Kirk

Hi Randy , you are correct on the avatar , I display my Indian Muntiny VC set with the first day cover of William Hall's VC , issued by Canada Post last February . Hall was also the first Nova Scotian to win the VC. I am originally from Nova Scotia .
Kirk

Welcome to the forum Kirk

What Victorian subjects do you collect?

Which glossies? --I have all the most recent Zulu series in gloss from Britains as well as all the Victorian figures from their Redcoats line, and all the VC IM except the Elephant artillery set. I also collect Wm. Hocker Victorian sets.

See my album called Life in the Raj for Hocker

Randy

Attachments

• user457_pic8088_1249307010.jpg
    user457_pic8088_1249307010.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 88
I am a little unfocused right now . WB Black Watch. I also WB ACW leaders . Also starting to acquire some WB French amd Indian war to represent Louisbourg in 1758.
K&C personality figures from various conflicts .
I am enjoying the forum and I have viewed your life of Raj on Hochers site , very welll done.

So here is my first example using WWII British figures made by King & Country. It is called:

"Constable, I wasn't driving fast, I was just flying low!"

Nice job! I too used that wonderful piece for a RAF diorama featuring my K&C wooden Mosquitoes and the older glossy RAF figures. Looks like it is time to take some pictures and post them too. Love your work!

Tally Ho,
Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back