Question/Identification from Andy (1 Viewer)

tdubel

Major
Andy,

Picked up this lot in an auction from a fellow who claims to have purchased in your shop in Hong Kong some time ago. They are castings, bottoms have markings/tag that says "KCS98" or another number and then a price tag. They look to be figures that were eventually issued by Del Prado. Can you shed any light?

Thanks
Tom

P7220027.jpg

Yes, these are Del Prado castings that were sold by K&C in their HK store.

They were surplus castings and so sold to anyone who wanted them.
A friend of mine who has visited the shop over the past few years managed to buy a few for himeslf and another couple of local collectors, and I was lucky enough to get a couple of the Napoleonic cavalry.

Here are my painting of the castings.

delchasseur.jpg

Chasseur a Cheval, Standard Bearer

1hussar.jpg

Trooper, 1st Hussars, 1814

I don't know if they have any left now, but I'd suggest not :(

John

Obee, Brett,

Thanks. Obee, that is what I thought, I got these for a literal song and I like the figures, so I was figuring on finding a master painted to do them up right.........................................are you available?????

TD

Tom,
I understand Andy is away on a short break until 2/3 AUG.
Regards
Brett

Does that mean August's Dispatches will not be posted until after August 3rd? Sorry to ask such a lame question but I'm trying to figure out when they occur. Sorry to be so ignorant but it's my first one and I don't see the information documented anywhere. Does the month's dispatches get posted on a certain day or do they get posted during the first part of the month?

Derek

Does anybody know this item (K & C Streets of Old HK)

here are the pics.
does anybody new the item number ?
the building is totaly made from metall, never saw it before, but it is realy nice.

$(KGrHqN,!lME+HZbdy!nBQFQ4j7BWQ~~60_12.jpg$(KGrHqJ,!o4F!JCSBYqdBQF-91lybg~~60_12.jpg$(KGrHqZ,!iQE+nHT5uj4BQFQ59n!Sw~~60_12.jpg$(KGrHqN,!pEE-7Ec),J9BQFQ5+275g~~60_12.jpg$(KGrHqV,!pkE-1bCc9M0BQFQ4()nqw~~60_12.jpg

I think that is SR005 - the Silk Road Gateway. It is very rare and I know only 3 people who have one. Hopefully I am not confusing it with the Moon Gate. I would guess SR001 - the Silk Road Elephant is the only item more difficult to find and I don't know anyone with that - just a few people who have been hunting it for years.

Terry

Re: Does anybody know this item (K & C Streets of Old HK)

here are the pics.
does anybody new the item number ?
the building is totaly made from metall, never saw it before, but it is realy nice.

My recollection, which may be wrong, is that this was given out to dealers. I do know that very few were made.

This is HK168.

The promo info from 2009:

I'm pleased to inform that HK168 -- The Village Gateway is now available for order.
This all-metal, hand-painted Chinese gateway facade (440 mm x 110 mm x 225 mm) matches perfectly with items of Streets of Old Hong Kong and Imperial Collection.

As we only produce in very limited quantity, it will not sold publicly in the website.
This nice and colourful facade will be very attractive to any non-military miniature collectors, and helps to bring up new customers (e.g. the existing collectors wives and girlfriends)

thanks for all the information. i realy like the item, but i must say: it came without the soup.
do you think the soup was included in the set ? - that would be very strange. ok any kind of asian-style soup -
won-ton or bihun that maybe would have make sense.... but a german soup ?

best regards panzerknacker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back