Questions about 29th Annual East Coast Toy Soldier Show...Hackensack... (2 Viewers)

Getting ready for the show and bringing the following Conte sets - all are in their original box:
SPQR - 1, 2, 3, 6 and 16
ACW:
57119 Conf Artillery & Gun Crew#1
57121 Conf Artillery Command Set
57146 Conf Artillery & Gun Crew #2
57146 Conf Artillery & Gun Crew #3
57159 Irish Brigade Gen. Meagher
57160 Erin Go Bragh Irish Brigade
57179 Gen Armistead
DT59001 - Don Trioni Lions of the Round Top
DT59002 - Don Trioni Lions of the Round Top Add-on Set
DT59005 - Don Trioni High Water Mark

Britains ACW:
17156 Flagbearer 24th Michigan
17397 Union Cavalry Private #2
17399 Union Bugler & Sargeant Mounted
17401 Union Cavalry Private #4
17570 Iron Brigade Command Set

Also will be bringing some Soldiers of the World Romans & Celts, Dorset Vatican Band, Martin Ritchie & Britains(17780) Eigth & I Marine Band

I am putting together a list of K&C and Trophy and will post them later.

If interested in any of the above or if you are looking for other items (King & Country, Britains, please e-mail me at lawrence.lo140@gmail.com
See you at the show!

Clearing out some sets to make room. Bringing the following to the Hackensack Show:

WS 09 Tank Riders 175
10 - MG and Wall 180
11 - Ambush Set 150
12 - Patrol Set of 4 figs 150
13 - Halftrack 150
14 - Stug 250
16 - Tank Crew 180
18 - Pak 40 200
20 - 88 Gun and Crew (no box, paint loss underneath the base) 700
23 - Panther (Ambush Pattern) 225
25 - Tiger Tank 250
26 - Panzer IV 200

DD 05 Anti-Tank Gun -200
09 Halftrack (no box) 150
10 Ambulance (no box) 300
19 Chaffee (no box - some damaged to mantle of turrent) 125
22 Patton (no box) 1st Edition - wheels do not turn - 250
23 Stuart Tank 200
27 Sherman 250
30 Priest 275
35 Half track 275
38 Greyhound (chipped turrent & no box) 175

TW 01 - 60
07 - 60
09 - 60

YA-02 200

RA-01 175

Edinburgh Facade (chipped tower) 200
Gordon Highlander Band Matte 12 Figures 650
Sp-11 Afghan Cave 100

Have many more, so if there is something K&C you are looking for, shoot me an e-mail lawrence.lo140@gmail.com

Newark Airport is the closest and most convenient.
Try the LaQuinta hotel in Paramus on Rt. 17, also the Holiday Inn Express in Paramus, as well as the Hyatt on Rt. 208. All are only a few miles from the show site.
Hope this helps.
Bill

Is the show still on----...Hackensack...

With all the power outages here on East Coast (i'm still out and looks like into week end before any relief here in Mass State), is the Hackensack show still on???

Also...Mike Miller.............If on, Pat Deluhery and I hope to drive down and would like to hook up with you fro a brew and few laughs. Are you still planning on going?? I can send you my cell and we can connect some time around noon on Sunday. Advise as appropriate.
Walt Damon
whdamon@charter.net

There are pockets here and there where power is still out, but I haven't heard anything that power is out at Fairleigh Dickinson U., where the show is held. A quick check of their website: http://www.fdu.edu/ showed no news stories or announcements to indicate anything otherwise.

We're supposed to have relatively nice weather for the weekend, too, dry, at least, and in the 50's. I don't recall a year, in the past 10 or so, when there has been bad weather on the show day, now that I think of it. I like the drive back along 78, to see the autumn colors of the woods through North Central Jersey. There's a scenic lookout point, too, it's nice to stop and relax there from the drive.

Prost!
Brad

I think power is supposed to be back generally by Friday. However, I think getting up businesses and schools is probably a priority so I'd be surprised if it's not up by Sunday.

I think power is supposed to be back generally by Friday. However, I think getting up businesses and schools is probably a priority so I'd be surprised if it's not up by Sunday.

Where do you mean, Brad? Is it out at FDU, or you do you mean generally, throughout the area around Hackensack and Newark? We have areas here, too, where power will probably not be restored until the weekend. But if power is up to FDU and the hall, it shouldn't impact the show.

Prost!
Brad

Where do you mean, Brad? Is it out at FDU, or you do you mean generally, throughout the area around Hackensack and Newark? We have areas here, too, where power will probably not be restored until the weekend. But if power is up to FDU and the hall, it shouldn't impact the show.

Prost!
Brad

Brad,

I meant generally. We just got our power back. I wasn't referring to Rothman Auditorium or FDU specifically. However, if power had been out there, I'm sure it would have been restored very soon or at least by the show. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Cheers,

Brad

Hi All:

The show is on for this Sunday.

I visited the Rothman Center yesterday to take some measurements for last minute table placements, and I'm happy to report that the hall is has not experienced any power outages.

The weatherman is cooperating with sunny skies and temperatures in the mid 50s predicted for this Sunday. Doors open for the general public at 9 am to 3 pm, so come early and stay late. There's plenty of free parking, but be warned, the facility is huge, so wear comfortable shoes, bring water and refreshments.

Wear your TF badges, and stop by the Treefrog Treasures' table and say hi to Juan and Ines who will be manning the table.

Remember to turn your clocks back one hour before going to bed on Saturday, as we go off Daylight Savings Time on Sunday. You'll get another hour of sleep.

Admission is $6 per adult, children under 12 admitted Free with an adult. All Scouts, in full uniform, admitted Free.
See you there,
Bill

Met a lot of people today that I see on the Forum and it was a pleasure meeting them. Met the Lieutenant, Mike Miller, Firebat (Alex) and saw a lot of people I don't normally get to see: John Jenkins, Andy, George, Louis, Larry and probably a few others as well.

Didn't make too many pickups but did pick up a couple of Trophy zulu sets from Crown Miniature (Nicholas) from the Lt.'s collection (sorry he has to sell them) and thank to Tom Dubel four Town and Country figures.

Brad

Met a lot of people today that I see on the Forum and it was a pleasure meeting them. Met the Lieutenant, Mike Miller, Firebat (Alex) and saw a lot of people I don't normally get to see: John Jenkins, Andy, George, Louis, Larry and probably a few others as well.

Didn't make too many pickups but did pick up a couple of Trophy zulu sets from Crown Miniature (Nicholas) from the Lt.'s collection (sorry he has to sell them) and thank to Tom Dubel four Town and Country figures.

Brad

It was great seeing you today, Brad. :smile2: It was also great getting to meet Joe (the Lt.), Mike Miller, Mark (Revwarbuff) Alex (Firebat) and Nick Nasta in person. It was great spending more time with John Jenkins (thanks for the incredibly generous gifts), Jack (ditto - my son has already coopted the Wittman for his room), Larry Lo (my son loves the little mounted knights), Tom Dubel and his step-dad and son, Richard Walker and his son Rick, Brad (the Baron), Alex (Boerboy), Nicholas, George Guerriero & his dad, Matt Murphy and his team, Tony and Marilyn, Mike Rosso, Thor, Joe Saine, Mark Hoffman, Charlie Zucker, and anybody else I failed to mention by name.

What a great weekend! I got to spend a ton of time with John Jenkins, meet his friend Jack, a great guy, go to Jim Hillestad's open house, where I got to meet Jack Carleton from Le Petit Soldat, go to the show today, have lunch at Bryant & Cooper with John Friday, dinner at Larry's wonderful restaurant Tse Yang with John and Morgan Hoffman Friday, dinner at Smith & Wollenski with John Jenkins and Jack on Saturday. I snagged 4 more pieces of Heco too. And to top it off the Giants managed to beat the Patriots!{sm4}

It was a great time in Hackensack yesterday, from me, too. Louis, great to talk to you, too, and Mark (Revwarbuff), and Pugio. We had a really nice time at Ted Deddens' tables, talking with John Jenkins. We got to see previews of his Culloden figures (British dragoons, some Highlanders, and a portrait figure of Cumberland), as well as a prototype of his SYW Prussians, a Guard grenadier storming the churchyard at Leuthen. It was also great to meet Currahee Chris in person, along with his family--Chris, you're pretty much as I pictured you. And Larry, thanks again for the castings, very nice talking to you, too. Brad, I missed you, but glad to hear you made out well, too.

It was great to visit with the vendors, too. It was one of those times where I wound up staying till later in the afternoon. I didn't leave till 3, when many dealers were starting to pack up.

Lots of great things to see and buy, though I thought I would come out of the show without buying anything toy-soldier related, and instead, with a model kit (Monogram's ProModeler SB2C kit, been on the wish list for quite a while).

Sorry, guys, I didn't take my camera along this time, but believe me, it was a great show!
Prost!
Brad

It was also great to meet Currahee Chris in person, along with his family--Chris, you're pretty much as I pictured you.

Probably a bit more grey in that high and tight than you were imagining though {sm4}{sm3}

It was my immense pleasure to meet you as well.

Good seeing Louis as well.

And many thanks to Lawrence for being so willing to deplete the final appropriations of my 2011 Defense Budget!! {sm3}

I too, attended and had a wonderful time at the show yesterday!! If anyone plans on attending these things in the future my advice is to find Louis Badolato first thing. He will most definitely be there somewhere and he knows everybody!! If you're new to show scene he will take you around and introduce you to all sorts of people, including many of the "higher-ups" who may be there like Richard Walker and John Jenkins. Even though this was not the first show I've attended, getting the "tour" and the many introductions made for a great time!

Besides being surrounded with so many awesome toy soldiers and finding a good bargain here and there, the best part is meeting fellow Treefrog members. I seem to meet more and more forum members with each show I go to and nothing beats sharing our love for the hobby and our comaradarie.

I can't say enough good about the guys I talked with yesterday, some for the very first time: Brad James (theBaron), Mike Miller, Joe (the Lt), Nicholas (Scarlett Pimpernel), Pugio, Alex (Boerboy) and of course, Louis.

I regret that after searching the place high and low that I couldn't catch up with Brad (Jazzeum) or Currahee Chris but perhaps next time. Sorry that we missed one another as it would have been nice to meet to you both!

I hope I don't repeat any pictures from other's postings but here are some that I took.......

Attachments

• DSC02868.JPG
    DSC02868.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC02869.JPG
    DSC02869.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC02870.JPG
    DSC02870.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 333
  • DSC02871.JPG
    DSC02871.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 209
Some more.....

Attachments

• DSC02872.JPG
    DSC02872.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 343
  • DSC02873.JPG
    DSC02873.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC02874.JPG
    DSC02874.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC02875.JPG
    DSC02875.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC02876.JPG
    DSC02876.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 200
some glossies.....I don't know the manufacturer.........

Attachments

• DSC02899.JPG
    DSC02899.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 313
  • DSC02897.JPG
    DSC02897.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC02898.JPG
    DSC02898.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 230
The W Britains gunboat from the War Along the Nile. A superb piece!! Looks tons better in person.

Attachments

• WB boat (3).JPG
    WB boat (3).JPG
    109 KB · Views: 235
  • WB boat.JPG
    WB boat.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 222
  • WB boat (1).JPG
    WB boat (1).JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 347
  • WB boat (2).JPG
    WB boat (2).JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 235
Some Frontline sets from their new SYW range

Attachments

• FL-SYW (2).JPG
    FL-SYW (2).JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 328
  • FL-SYW.JPG
    FL-SYW.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 237
  • FL-SYW (1).JPG
    FL-SYW (1).JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 245
Thanks for the photos, Mark! It was great to see you at the show, too. Thanks for more closeups of the Frontline Prussians, I've got to get me some of those, having seen them in person.

I forgot to mention before, Pat Deluhery was there, too, with another gentleman from the Wheels & Wings IPMS club, whose name I've forgotten but whom I know on sight.

Yes, we were well represented on Sunday!

Prost!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back