Rebel Calvaryman (1 Viewer)

Thyer

Private 2
Just finished off my latest figure in my recent flurry of painting - TSSD rebel calvary trooper. A lot of fun to paint, great detail - it's all there you just have to get the paint on these guys and they come to life!!

Hi Thyer,
excellent clean painting,- great colour composition - outstanding figurine, very well done indeed.
kind regards
Wolfgang

Excellent painting work, again.
What paint brushes do you use, Mr Thyer ?
Also, how long does it take to paint
with such great detail ?
Thanksmuch

Denver,

I use mainly size '0' paint brushes, spotters and liner varieties...I have a few Vallejo brushes that I got at hobby shops and I also always buy some at craft stores like Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc...sable brushes are the best in my opinion but they cost more. Hard to judge how long this figure took to paint as I did it in spurts over a week's time....maybe 5-6 hours for horse and rider?? Way too long to paint up my entire collection before I die, that's for sure!! I have been painting for a couple decades and have learned quite a bit, but I recently discovered some of Michigan Toy soldiers Youtube videos done by Dave Lundquist of Britian's. I already practiced some of his painting techniques but I also picked up some good tips. There are all kinds of other painters on there who have uploaded videos, you can sift through them and find some good tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back