Recent purchases from Russian Manufacturers (3 Viewers)

zblang

1st Lieutenant
We have a thread for general purchases, but since we have this forum I figured we might as well have a place for Russian purchases.....

I recently bought this one.
The painting of the clothing and flag is simply amazing.
It is Genghis Khan's Bodyguard with Flag from AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection #MN3

photo.JPG

As long as I'm on a roll....

This is the AeroArt Henry V Battle group. Hard to see in this photo, but the detail is amazing - down to the French arrows sticking out of the armor

photo 2.JPG

And this is the Chinese Emperor's Body Guard w/ Flag from St. Petersburg Collection / Arsenyev. The colors on this one are fantastic and detail of the flag is unreal

photo 3.JPG

Great stuff Zach! Thanks for sharing! Congrats on the fine acquisitions. I knew when Aeroart debuted the Henry V battle set that I just had to have it. I had a hard time deciding on which flag to get because they're both so nice. In the end I selected the King's personal flag. It's one of my favorite pieces too. I recall Thor telling me when I bought it that the kneeling knight who was hit by a French arrow actually survived the battle. I just don't remember who he said the figure actually depicts. The groundwork and the rocks are a perfect platform for the figures. And the fallen French soldier really adds to the mood of the set as the significantly outnumbered English fought off defeat.

Joe

Just got these in the mail yesterday. They are Musketeer 16th C and Musketeer Preparing to Fire (LK4 & LK5) from St. Petersburg collection. Based on the markings, they are Arsenyev sculpting. I don't have any figures from the time period and just thought they were great. the colors and detail are wonderful. I took them with my phone and the flash washes them out a bit. In reality, they are much more vibrant

Aero.jpg

Congratulation
Those are splendid
I have one of this period that I painted some 35 years ago
WR-DSC00821b.jpg

I think as far as military advancement is it such an interesting era. Great job on the painting there!

I'd like to add a pair of recent Russian acquisitions to Zach's thread. Both are 54mm figures from Nevskaya Miniatura.
Joe

Great figures! The shading and hair on that horse is great

Great figures! The shading and hair on that horse is great

Thanks Zach, glad you like them. The painting on the horse really caught my eye too. Between the sculpt and the paint the horse looks very realistic.

Joe

Where did you purchase these? I find dealing with the Russian manufacturers such a challenge. Ordering online is tricky and for whatever reason, the websites are never up to date with new things

Joe,

The figures are amazing and I like the fact that you can lift the face shields to expose the knights' faces! They are beautifully painted and sculpted as well! Nicely done, my friend!

Best,

Alex :salute::

Joe,

Great stuff and thanks for posting.

Regards,

Brad

This is the Borgia Family: Cesare Borgia (mounted), Lucrezia Borgia, and Pope Alexander VI (Roderigo Borgia)
All three are from The St. Petersburg Collection (AeroArt). Alexander VI is the prototype of this figure

2013-11-09 12.57.48-2.jpg

This is one I picked up last week It's "Russian Knight with Bow" from AeroArt. This one is 90mm

2013-11-09 12.55.16-2.jpg

Last edited:
Last one for a while. I got this one a few weeks ago, but never uploaded the photo. In person, it's amazing. It's Thomas Montagu, Earl of Salisbury vs. Jacques de Bourbon, Comte de la Marche Jousting. This is also by AeroArt

2013-11-09 12.53.40-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back