releases extended yet again (2 Viewers)

villagehorse

Lieutenant General
I see the Britain's updated site shows most of the Zulu & Nile figures delayed months & in some cases until February 2011. Sure must have been a marketing nightmare this year, hopefully it will get back to normal next year. Cheers, Robin.

The October releases have changed also (the bell tent and redoubt are now gone) they are also no longer listed even on the AZW page.

The October releases have changed also (the bell tent and redoubt are now gone) they are also no longer listed even on the AZW page.

They've been move to Tactical Scene Scott an it looks like the bell tent and last redoubt have arrived along with Hitch......The Lt.

Hi Guys - Bell tent, Redoubt and Hitch are all here and going out the door!
Slowly but surely...

Richard

Just had another look on the William Britains site and release have been pushed back again. The wagons for the AZW were due March now due May. Durbar stuff has moved from a March only release to May and June (That is good news :) !!)

Just had another look on the William Britains site and release have been pushed back again. The wagons for the AZW were due March now due May. Durbar stuff has moved from a March only release to May and June (That is good news :) !!)

:( Based on your post Scott I had to take a look myself and much of the ACW sets have also been further postponed to the months of January, February, May, and June. Nothing ACW being released in November or December - bummer. It is said that patience is a virtue. If that is so, then there should be a lot of virtuous Wm Britain collectors going in to 2011 :rolleyes: Hang in there guys, I am sure the wait will be well worth it.
:) Mike

:( Based on your post Scott I had to take a look myself and much of the ACW sets have also been further postponed to the months of January, February, May, and June. Nothing ACW being released in November or December - bummer. It is said that patience is a virtue. If that is so, then there should be a lot of virtuous Wm Britain collectors going in to 2011 :rolleyes: Hang in there guys, I am sure the wait will be well worth it.
:) Mike

Budget wise it works out quite well for me although the releases probably mean no toy soldiers for Christmas. Perhaps I can get a raincheque :)

I hate to say it but the delay actually helps me a good bit especially since I am actively seeking out several long retired items from the Crimean War lines. But I will be really glad when the Durbar shows up again I am especially excited about the Camels. Not that getting a bunch of Route lines wont be great as well. But I guess the whole reason I got so interested in the Durbar was the wild assortment of animals involved as well as the Amazing assortment of Regiments. So good things will come to those of us who can wait.

Dave

Whats still to be released,or put back in the Zulu range announced this year?
I have seemed to have lost count/interest,also have just come across this apologies if its been mentioned before,but i cant see it on the modelzone website,i might have a run out to local store,to see what the state of play is?;)

http://www.wbritain.com/products_detail.cfm?productID=45675
Regards Steveo

Whats still to be released,or put back in the Zulu range announced this year?
I have seemed to have lost count/interest,also have just come across this apologies if its been mentioned before,but i cant see it on the modelzone website,i might have a run out to local store,to see what the state of play is?;)

http://www.wbritain.com/products_detail.cfm?productID=45675
Regards Steveo

Steve go to the Britains website and look under the AZW it gives the release date under each figure. All the AZW were due this year now for example the wagons won't be here until May 2011.

Couldn't agree more budget wise. The slower pace means I can actually get each soldier as it comes out!:D No more, "Am I too late to get that one?!?!?!?!?" feeling. But also, could WBritain make some similar tents with a grass base? For us non-desert themed collectors, it is sad to miss out on a great item:(

I hate to say it but the delay actually helps me a good bit especially since I am actively seeking out several long retired items from the Crimean War lines. But I will be really glad when the Durbar shows up again I am especially excited about the Camels. Not that getting a bunch of Route lines wont be great as well. But I guess the whole reason I got so interested in the Durbar was the wild assortment of animals involved as well as the Amazing assortment of Regiments. So good things will come to those of us who can wait.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Do not discount the Route Liners. I saw the pre-release prototypes of them at OTSN and I was very much impressed. They are excellent and very, very nice! You will be quite happy to add them to your collection. :)

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

Private Frederick Hitch, VC. 24th Foot, one of the heros of Rorke's Drift.

Ahhhhh, thanks. That is why I did not know what it was. Mr ACW, only, here....I guess I'll spend my cashoola on First Legion fellers!!

Private Frederick Hitch, VC. 24th Foot, one of the heros of Rorke's Drift.

Hi Guys:

Extreme frustration here as you can imagine. We did however, today, take the decision to have about 10 of the delayed items express flown in by Christmas. They will be primarily ACW, AZW and Sudan. As you can well imagine, I am reluctant to say exactly what and when right now (never know what can go wrong ---ugh). But know we are working on it and are prepared to spend in excess of $25,000 expressing in significant quantities to both the US and UK.

I am trying not to be the Grinch who stole toy soldier Christmas this year!

Be good,

Richard

You certainly have to give credit for WB trying its best to address these issues and, I am sure the collectors appreciate this
Mitch

Thanks Richard, I have over 30 sets of Zulu & Sedan ordered & paid, so really pleased for your push, not because I could not wait a few more months however, but more along the lines the quicker these are released it will clear the decks for some new yet unseen releases, which I gather you will be doing in quarterly instalments next year. Hoping Britain's has a great year to come. Cheers, Robin.

Wonderful news Richard , these updates are very much appreciated. Looks like it may not be bare under the tree after all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back