Renaissance: next line (1 Viewer)

I do agree Noah. i don't know if the figures presented are the masters or the production figures..

cheers,

alex

I think I have found a new way to afford First Legion figures. I have to admit I have a hard time saying no to ranges lately - from several manufacturers - WWII, Egypt, Napoleon, Civil War, AWI, and occasional others. I am thinking that along with one or two ranges that particularly interest me in FL's lineup, it would be nice to put together a group of figures from various ages and display them in a case together - this could work for me with Crusaders and Renaissance, for example. The problem comes when I want to get 2 or 3 from a Range, such as Romans, but I guess I could always just put a small group in along with the singles. Another approach, which I would be hard-pressed to follow, is to collect singles from several ages that fit together by Nationality - such as Germans from the Napoleonic line, Landknecht, and Afrika Korps. I have also tossed around ideas such as flagbearers throughout history, drummers, and singles from the various Napoleonic armies.

Really glad someone is doing a Renaissance line.

I've said this before elsewhere, but I'd love to see a manufacturer do toy soldiers set in this period but dealing with Vlad the Impaler/Dracula vs. The Ottomans. I've never bought anything from FL before, but if you guys did such a line I'd snatch them all up.

Really glad someone is doing a Renaissance line.

I've said this before elsewhere, but I'd love to see a manufacturer do toy soldiers set in this period but dealing with Vlad the Impaler/Dracula vs. The Ottomans. I've never bought anything from FL before, but if you guys did such a line I'd snatch them all up.

Agree 100%
Mark

I think I have found a new way to afford First Legion figures. I have to admit I have a hard time saying no to ranges lately - from several manufacturers - WWII, Egypt, Napoleon, Civil War, AWI, and occasional others. I am thinking that along with one or two ranges that particularly interest me in FL's lineup, it would be nice to put together a group of figures from various ages and display them in a case together - this could work for me with Crusaders and Renaissance, for example. The problem comes when I want to get 2 or 3 from a Range, such as Romans, but I guess I could always just put a small group in along with the singles. Another approach, which I would be hard-pressed to follow, is to collect singles from several ages that fit together by Nationality - such as Germans from the Napoleonic line, Landknecht, and Afrika Korps. I have also tossed around ideas such as flagbearers throughout history, drummers, and singles from the various Napoleonic armies.

Agreed,

That's exactly what I do...

I collect FL Naps and samurais.. But I do also have now 3 saracens.. I'm cherry picking in lines which I know I won't collect extensively.. Same thing with Aeroart and all the russian producers.. Single figures...

Cheers,

Alex

This is my first try at posting photos.....

About 30 years ago I purchased over 1000 Elastolin unpainted Landsknechts and Turks. Over the years I painted most of them and remodeled several dozen. I used artistic license on the Landsknecht dress and really enjoyed mixing multiple colors. I hope to post more pictures including my Turks in the near future.

While I look forward to the First Legion Renaissance release I am sure my cost for the Elastolin figures (after painting) will be about 10 to 15 percent of their prices!

DSC_2206.jpgDSC_2215.jpgDSC_2216.jpgDSC_2223.jpgDSC_2227.jpg

Well, that is an extensive and extraordinary collection. Thank you for the photos.

I forgot about Elastolin until I saw two landsknecht sets on eBay at 3,000 dollar each.

A very interesting, colorful and unexpected new series! So now we Medieval collectors have the choice of staying with crossbows and catapults or moving on in history to muskets and cannons. This new series should offer some exciting possibilities. For many years now, I've been collectiong only the Medieval period, but I expect I'll be very tempted to consider this new series.

This is my first try at posting photos.....

About 30 years ago I purchased over 1000 Elastolin unpainted Landsknechts and Turks. Over the years I painted most of them and remodeled several dozen. I used artistic license on the Landsknecht dress and really enjoyed mixing multiple colors. I hope to post more pictures including my Turks in the near future.

While I look forward to the First Legion Renaissance release I am sure my cost for the Elastolin figures (after painting) will be about 10 to 15 percent of their prices!

View attachment 73923View attachment 73924View attachment 73925View attachment 73926View attachment 73927

These are rather nice and as there was no uniform as such artistic license is the way to go. ^&cool

Jeff

Is there an expected timeline for arrival of this range???
Does anyone else make anything which is compatible to or usable with these?

LA, the only thing I can think of are the Russian manufacturers who always have Landsknechts - and their significant others - in their offering. Mostly, per my superficial observation, Landsknechts with flags - which makes a lot of sense as I consider detailed painting one of their core competencies.

Thanks for the pictures! A very nice army factory
:cool::cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back