Renaissance: next line (3 Viewers)

I would echo what has been said already. This is not a period that I am real familiar with, but even still, I can appreciate amazing figures when I see them. The paintwork on these certainly does showcase the skill of FL's painters.

Noah

I would echo what has been said already. This is not a period that I am real familiar with, but even still, I can appreciate amazing figures when I see them. The paintwork on these certainly does showcase the skill of FL's painters.

Noah

I certainly agree Noah. However, with that said, I am determined to discipline myself to collecting just the AWI range . . . that saves on needed display space and its easier on the budget . .. .
:smile2: Mike

I certainly agree Noah. However, with that said, I am determined to discipline myself to collecting just the AWI range . . . that saves on needed display space and its easier on the budget . .. .
:smile2: Mike

We're in the same boat Mike! I'm trying to be disciplined, but it's tough, as you know.

Noah

This is a great range but my patronage will be based on pricing.
I have strong feelings on where prices should be but I will wait for FL to announce before I comment further.
The collector pool for this range might be very small!

Does FL intend to bring out the opposition as well?

These are very nice. Last Renaissance I recall were the Elastolin which were great.
One of these mounted figures looks a bit like one of the elastolin mounted leaders.
These look even better than the Romans to me.

This is a great range but my patronage will be based on pricing.
I have strong feelings on where prices should be but I will wait for FL to announce before I comment further.
The collector pool for this range might be very small!

Does FL intend to bring out the opposition as well?

Yes,The French.
Mark

A great book to help collectors research this period is "The Renaissance At War" by Thomas Arnold. It may be out of print but should be available through Amazon or historical book dealers.
Many great woodcut prints along with paintings and illustrations of uniforms, artillery and formations.
Just the cover jacket painting illustrates the color and excitement of the Pavia battle diorama!

If we are going to have Landsknechts, though, there has to be at least one figure in the series with oine of those big, zweihander swords.

If we are going to have Landsknechts, though, there has to be at least one figure in the series with oine of those big, zweihander swords.

C'mon, see the first image on our website on the Renaissance page, just out in front of the Landsknecht Pikes right where he should be. :)

Woke up thinking about these. The samples are some of the most beautiful figures i think I have ever seen. Would love to see some ornately decorated artillery in the series

Isn't there a figure like this in front of the pike formation in the large, group pic FL has on thier site? I tried to post the pic, but couldn't get it to resize correctly.

Noah

Isn't there a figure like this in front of the pike formation in the large, group pic FL has on thier site? I tried to post the pic, but couldn't get it to resize correctly.

Noah

Noah ,
You have the eyes of a Hawk :wink2: front and center is the Zweihander {bravo}} Prosit Gebhard

ren1_large.jpg

Noah ,
You have the eyes of a Hawk :wink2: front and center is the Zweihander {bravo}} Prosit Gebhard

Perhaps my friend, but it was your computer skill that got the pic posted!^&grin

Noah

Noah ,

ren1_large.jpg

The Renaissance was one of my favourite periods to wargame many years ago mainly for the shear colour and variety of figures available.

Whilst the battle of Pavia was fought between the Spanish & Imperial armies against the French. The Renaissance covered a period between1480 to 1650 and included a vast variety of combatants including Spanish, French, Swiss, Poles, Turks, English, Scots, Lithuanians, Muscovites, Burgundians, Italians, Dutch, Irish, Swedish and more. The Landsknechts fought for many armies and against each other and so this new range has so much potential for future releases.

Btw, these figures are stunning!

Jeff

To be honest to me these figures (with AWI and ACW, Samurai and Napoleonics) look like the best FL figures (with all due respect for other's interests, of course). I like their faces better than the Romans' and their uniforms better than WWII...^&grin.

Paulo

To be honest to me these figures (with AWI and ACW, Samurai and Napoleonics) look like the best FL figures (with all due respect for other's interests, of course).

Paulo

Paulo, I would tend to agree. As said before, this new range certainly shows off the abilities of First Legion's painters in a way that hasn't been seen yet. I mean, FL's previous releases were good as far as the paintwork goes, but these are just on a different level.

Noah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back