Repainted King Tiger (1 Viewer)

uksubs...

I must admit I was expecting a whitewash job when you first said you were getting it done but, its a good job all the same.
Mitch

uksubs...

I must admit I was expecting a whitewash job when you first said you were getting it done but, its a good job all the same.
Mitch
Looking at the King tiger last night I think I'm going to add some bushes & netting to the barrel to make it look battle harden :D
Any tips will help

uksubs...

Sounds a great idea. You can buy some really good netting from Historex and other places though, I have used the Verlinden netting and its good or, have a crack at making it yourself. The nets that come with bags of sprouts or satsuma's placed in a bowl with thinned down acylics give a great effect and, you can cut very thin strips of plastic card and paint and adhere to the nets which, gives another good effect but, its fiddly.

I have just replicated a picture of a Jagpanther which had a layer of chicken wire on the front hull and sides with branches wedged in and looked very good. Its all down to what you fancy doing yourself or, putting your hand in your pocket.
Mitch

Either way it will enhance the dio

uksubs...

Sounds a great idea. You can buy some really good netting from Historex and other places though, I have used the Verlinden netting and its good or, have a crack at making it yourself. The nets that come with bags of sprouts or satsuma's placed in a bowl with thinned down acylics give a great effect and, you can cut very thin strips of plastic card and paint and adhere to the nets which, gives another good effect but, its fiddly.

I have just replicated a picture of a Jagpanther which had a layer of chicken wire on the front hull and sides with branches wedged in and looked very good. Its all down to what you fancy doing yourself or, putting your hand in your pocket.
Mitch

Either way it will enhance the dio

Thanks for the tips Mitch & will post photos :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back