Ridley Scott to direct new Battle Of Britain movie (1 Viewer)

Tora!Tora!Tora! is another favorite of mine. It is based on the Japanese publication, written by Gordon Prange, my history prof when I was at UMd. in the early 70's. He used to regale us with tales of Occupied Japan (he was also head of MacArthur's historical section in Japan) and his many interviews with many of the key Japanese Naval leaders, especially Mitsuo Fuchida, involved in the Pearl Harbor attack. That man was a real fountain of first-hand info, having also been in Germany in the early 30's. Prange held a special viewing of Tora!Tora!Tora! one night at the UMd. Student Union movie theater for his students. There were a few hundred attendees and we all got a running commentary about the many different characters and events as they unfolded. It was great fun, very informative, and I've never forgotten it. -- Al

Wow that's very interesting Al , must have been fascinating getting that first hand info. It is a great War film from that era where War films were still hugely popular . Thanks for sharing Al
Best
Rob

So with Dam busters, Dunkirk and Battle of Britain , how long before we get Bridge too Far , Colditz Story and Ice Cold in Alex:salute::

Rob

Did anyone see the Dunkirk movie that came out about 10-12 yrs ago? Had a female director, can't remember the title, or the actors. Nobody I knew in the movie. What a gawd awful mess that was.

Re the list Rob posted. Pegasus Bridge! :salute:::salute:: Have not seen any trailers for this. Chris

Last edited:
Don't think I saw that one Chris, I was lucky by the sound of it!:salute:: I think Pegasus Bridge may be an independent company and they've been raising money for a while to bring this to the screen. Fingers crossed it's good Chris.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back