Ridley Scott's Gettysburg (2 Viewers)

That is good Fub. Now I don't feel bad about missing the show. This is our third day with no power and maybe three more days before power comes on. Extensive storm damage and damage from some tornados. Three inches of rain first then the winds and storms. Looks like a battlefield here with 30,000 in the area without power. I better move to Oregon^&grin John

John, That's terrible news. I hope it's not another 3 days. The storms/ floods/ tornadoes all around the Nation are shocking. I whine about very little summer weather here, still just grey and cold and windy, but I'll take it over the above.
Just don't move to Portland or down I-5 near Eugene and Springfield. The rest of the States pretty normal.

The only thing you missed was the Yankee caveman { with his gear on backwards, Like a few in the film} berating his reenacting farb friends.
Many years ago at a reenactment , I crawled out of the shebang, slightly hungover and saw one of our recruits getting POP TARTS out of his haversack.
I shammed outrage and chewed him out.All in jest.
Later at inspection the 1st Sgt Presented me with a fresh box of chocolate Pop tarts, with sprinkles!

FUB

Wouldn't watch this again, but there were some good bits that informed about a lot of unheralded stuff. Obviously low budget. And the geico caveman was the most
memorable scene. Rent the 'Duellists', to see a vintage Scott film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back