RIP, Oddball. Donald Sutherland has passed at 88 (1 Viewer)

...iconic....

"I'm drinking wine, I'm eating cheese, catching some rays, you know"......."woof, woof, woof, woof.....that's my other dog imitation"....

....a great actor.

Oddball was one of my all time favourite characters and I have his picture and "negative waves" quote by shop counter. Have educated many about his brilliant tank commanding skills and innovations in tank warfare. Used to play with my plastic soldiers as a kid whilst listening to Kelly's Heroes theme Burning Bridges. Was one of the ones pushing Andy to make the Kelly's Sherman and figures and no surprise sold well
Enjoyed many of his films over
the years. I see Daily Mail is racking up thousands of compliments for his career.
RIP Donald.

Also played Hawkeye in another favorite film of mine, MASH. He had a small part in Animal House. RIP.

Basically this sucks. Really loved him as an actor in many different roles, but Oddball is my favorite.

TD

It seems like all the stars from the 70s and 80s are passing. Sutherland had a great career. Too many movies even to remember. And such a wide variety of roles. He was in a great remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

It seems like all the stars from the 70s and 80s are passing. Sutherland had a great career. Too many movies even to remember. And such a wide variety of roles. He was in a great remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
Agreed but not as good as the original. :wink2:

It seems like all the stars from the 70s and 80s are passing...

Well, they're up there. Like the dwindling WWII vets, and baseball greats from the 50s and 60s like Willie Mays.

The way of the world...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back