ROM205-224 Legio XIIII Gemina Martia Victrix (2 Viewers)

FirstLegion

Sergeant Major
We are pleased to present the latest addition to our Glory of Rome product range, Legio XIIII Gemina Martia Victrix! The Imperial Roman legions were the backbone of the Roman army constantly engaged across the Empire both defending and expanding her far flung borders in a wide variety of geography and climates. Legio XIIII is our second foray into presenting the Legions of Rome as they would have appeared in colder climates as well as our second legion to be released which took part in, among many other campaigns, the Dacian Wars. The Legion was initially formed in 57 BC by Julius Caesar and participated in the majority of major campaigns between its formation and 198 AD. It earned the name Gemina ("twins") when it was combined with another heavily reduced strength legion in 31 BC and Martia Victrix ("martial and victorious") after the victory in Britain in 61 AD. Capricorn was the emblem of the Legion. For these particular figures, very special care was taken in the handed painted elements of the shield to achieve a very specific look that we were after and we could not be more pleased with how the figures came out, certainly the finest shields and overall release we've done for the series thus far. Because of the time consuming process of painting on the shields, we have produced fewer of these figures than we did with Legio XXX Ulpia Victrix. We sincerely hope you enjoy this wonderful addition to our Glory of Rome figure range!

XIIIIGroup.jpg

ROM205 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Centurion $79.95
ROM206 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Aquilifer $79.95
ROM207 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Legionary Attacking with Gladius $79.95
ROM208 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Legionary with Gladius $79.95
ROM209 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Legionary Throwing Pilum $79.95
ROM210 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Legionary Thrusting Gladius $79.95
ROM211 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Legionary Running with Gladius $79.95
ROM212 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Legionary Ready with Gladius $79.95
ROM213 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Legionary Ready in Bearskin Cloak $79.95
ROM214 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Legionary Fighting with Gladius $79.95
ROM215 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Cornicen $79.95
ROM216 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Signifer $89.95
ROM217 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Vexillifer $89.95 (note this figure's flag has the markings of the XXX Legion - see product detail page)
ROM218 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Optio $79.95
ROM219 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Legionary Standing with Pilum $79.95
ROM220 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Legionary Standing with Two Pilum $79.95
ROM221 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Legionary Ready with Gladius $79.95
ROM222 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Legionary Standing with Pilum $79.95
ROM223 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Legionary Ready with Pilum $79.95
ROM224 Imperial Roman Legio XIIII G.M.V. Legionary Standing with Gladius $79.95
Now in Stock

ROM205page1.jpg

ROM205

ROM206page2.jpg

ROM206

ROM207page1.jpg

ROM207

ROM208page1.jpg

ROM208

ROM209page1.jpg

ROM209

ROM210page1.jpg

ROM210

ROM211page2.jpg

ROM211

ROM212page1.jpg

ROM212

Continued....

ROM213page1.jpg

ROM213

ROM213page2.jpg

ROM213

ROM214page1.jpg

ROM214

ROM215page1.jpg

ROM215

ROM216page1.jpg

ROM216

ROM217page1.jpg

ROM217

ROM218page1.jpg

ROM218

ROM219page1.jpg

ROM219

ROM220page1.jpg

ROM220

ROM220page2.jpg

ROM220

Continued...

ROM221page1.jpg

ROM221

ROM221page2.jpg

ROM221

ROM222page1.jpg

ROM222

ROM223page1.jpg

ROM223

ROM223page2.jpg

ROM223

ROM224page1.jpg

ROM224

ROM224page2.jpg

ROM224

Best,

Matt
First Legion

Holy cow, these look really nice!
The shields are beautiful.

Joe

Decisions , decisions. I bought one to see what version I like better. Both are fantastic!!

The Pilums in the photographs seem to have a flat rather than round cross section; is this correct or a problem with photographic perspective?

ROM221page1.jpg

ROM221

ROM221page2.jpg

ROM221

ROM222page1.jpg

ROM222

ROM223page1.jpg

ROM223

ROM223page2.jpg

ROM223

ROM224page1.jpg

ROM224

ROM224page2.jpg

ROM224

Best,

Matt
First Legion

Decisions , decisions. I bought one to see what version I like better. Both are fantastic!!

Thanks for the photo Joe, and congrats on your new soldier! I think these are the two best Roman shields FL has done so far. I'll be receiving some of the Germina Martia Victrix figures today...really looking forward to seeing them in person.

I'll try to post some photos too.

Joe

I’ve noticed that some of these magnificent figures who are carrying or wielding their Gladius’ also have another sword in their scabbard. Anyone know why?

Both ranges are stunning miniatures.
Love the look of "cold weather" Romans!

It must be a Special Heavy Legion with double the armament of the ordinary Legions. The Pilums are also extra heavy from the photos.

I’ve noticed that some of these magnificent figures who are carrying or wielding their Gladius’ also have another sword in their scabbard. Anyone know why?

I have been very tempted to collect the Roman series for several years, but have been able to 'stay the course' so far and only collect WWII and Crusader lines....but thinking I may have to try out a few of these guys, curse you FL...lol {sm4}

Both excellent versions.....FL really did a fantastic job on these figures.:salute::...The poses are very natural and life-like

Received 8 more today. Just fantastic figures! I have all the Ulpia and will eventually lock down the remainder of the Gemina. If I had to pick today, I would go with the Gemina. But both are outstanding.

Received 8 more today. Just fantastic figures! I have all the Ulpia and will eventually lock down the remainder of the Gemina. If I had to pick today, I would go with the Gemina. But both are outstanding.

Thanks for the fantastic photos Joe! I think these are FL's best Romans yet. They look great in your cabinet lighting. I have a few each Germina and Ulpia and really enjoy them both. One of my favorites is below. I look forward to adding new recruits to the legion.
Joe

I agree Joe. These figures are a marvel to look at. I hope to see some command figures such as a Tribune and Legate. 206, 211, 216 and 224 are the next ones to be added. Just need to hit the check out in the shopping cart ^&grin

Nice figures but historically I cannot find any reference to the brown shields

Roman Scutums rarely survived 1500+ years, so the colors are debatable. The only intact Scutum was find at Dura Europus in Syria. The facing color was red with gold decoration. The size was 40 inches long and 23 inches wide. Rectangular rather than square as some figures Scutums tend towards. A good reference on Roman arms and armor is: The Roman Army by Peter Connolly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back