ROM225-232 Glory of Rome Dacian Warriors! (1 Viewer)

FirstLegion

Sergeant Major
Ancient Dacia was located north of Macedon and Greece on the eastern side of the Danube river. The Dacians were always considered a threat to the Roman empire because of their location on the border of some of the furthest provinces of the Empire. Rome fought several wars against the Dacians, the first from 86-88 AD under Emperor Domitian after the Dacian Army of King Duras attacked the Roman Province of Moesia in 86 AD, killing the Roman governor. After initial Roman defeats, the Romans continued their offensive and eventually a truce was agreed too by Domitian in 88 AD due to more pressing military matters elsewhere. The more famous wars with the Dacians were Emperor Trajans two wars, the first between 101-102 AD and the second from 105-106 AD. In the first war, Roman military power and engineering carried the day and the now Dacian King Decebalus requested peace. However, he continuously violated the terms of the peace and Trajan again advanced his legions. The Dacian wars were costly to Rome's military, but eventually Dacia was subjugated and it was a great triumph for Emperor Trajan. The conclusion of these wars marked the start of a period of sustained growth and peace for the Roman Empire.

ROM225 Dacian Chieftan $109.95
ROM226 Dacian Cornicen $89.95
ROM227 Dacian Archer $89.95
ROM228 Dacian Warrior with Falx $89.95
ROM229 Noble Dacian with Gladius and Shield $89.95
ROM230 Dacian Warrior with Spear and Shield $99.95
ROM231 Noble Dacian with Sword and Shield $99.95
ROM232 Dacian Warrior with Falx and Gladius $89.95
Ships Middle August

ROM225page2.jpg

ROM225

ROM225page3.jpg

ROM225

ROM226page1.jpg

ROM226

ROM227page1.jpg

ROM227

ROM228page1.jpg

ROM228

ROM229page1.jpg

ROM229

ROM230page1.jpg

ROM230

ROM230page2.jpg

ROM230

ROM231page1.jpg

ROM231

ROM232page1.jpg

ROM232

Best,

Matt
First Legion

Almost $800 for 8 figures.This is for high end collectors.These are truly historical miniatures and not toy soldiers.
Mark

I doubt that raising prices also increases the number of collectors:(

Matt will probably say that FL is who they are and they will continue doing what they are doing and how they are doing it.
I do not disagree, I am just observing that I will be buying less and less due to my budget. Hopefully for the company that I love other collectors have deeper pockets and they will continue to buy enough for the company to continue.

Just got these figures in and all I have to say is Wow! These figures are amazing. The stock photos do no justice. I'll post some pics this weekend. Simply amazing work.

I picked up 7 of the 8. Love these figures. I wish 20 or so different Dacians were made though. I need more then 7.

Dacian hit and run tactics destroy another Roman position. Unbeknownst to these Romans was a small contingent of Dacians that worked their way up the river bank to engage the artillery covering the tree line which hid thousands of Dacians preparing to move on the nearby Roman legion.

I love this shot

Dacian hit and run tactics destroy another Roman position. Unbeknownst to these Romans was a small contingent of Dacians that worked their way up the river bank to engage the artillery covering the tree line which hid thousands of Dacians preparing to move on the nearby Roman legion.

I have the TG Dacians, which are really well done. These FL Dacians would look great fighting side by side with my TG Dacians. I think I will have to ask Santa if I have been nice???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back