Rorke's Drift diorama (1 Viewer)

Iron Brigade

Command Sergeant Major
I thought I would show some photos of my Rorke's Drift diorama on a 80 x 24 inch wall shelve. Most sets are by Trophy, but there is also Frontline Figures, ANI, Alymer, Martin Tabony, etc. Hope to post some more photos if I can get my new Windows 7 & "Paint" program to work for me in downsizing photos for The Forum. I am starting with just one photo for now.
"Iron Brigade"Forum.jpg

I thought I would show some photos of my Rorke's Drift diorama on a 80 x 24 inch wall shelve. Most sets are by Trophy, but there is also Frontline Figures, ANI, Alymer, Martin Tabony, etc. Hope to post some more photos if I can get my new Windows 7 & "Paint" program to work for me in downsizing photos for The Forum. I am starting with just one photo for now.
"Iron Brigade"View attachment 46288

That is a nice diorama of with a classic set. I just love glossy figures.
I look forward to seeing your other sets.
Brian

Re: Rorke's Drift diorama, more photos.

Here I hope are some more photos. I will try to post another #5 photos to show the whole 80 x 24 inch diorama I have of Rorke's Drift. Again, there are many Trophy sets, but also many other figures, all are in gloss.
Best regards, "Iron Brigade"Forum.jpg

Forum2.jpg

Forum3.jpg

Forum4.jpg

Forum5.jpg

Iron Brigade...that is a great display and collection...very nice work...I'm anxious to see more photos...

Very nice nice Iron Brigade:cool:, keep those pictures comin'

Cheers

Martyn:)

Ditto Martyn and Michael thanks Iron Brigade for sharing your diorama what an enjoyment it's been picking out the Trophy figures and sets along with others from different sources. The Imperial Commissary Storehouse an mealie bags blends in very nicely with your accurate layout of the Mission Station........The Lt.

Hi Gary,

Another superb effort at posting your photographs.

Great job in displaying figures (and buildings) from different manufacturers.

The size with 22% is fine, but try ramp it up as close to 35% as possible.

Thanks, Raymond.:)

Was you diorama ever in one of the Toy Soldier and Model Figure magazines?:)

Ditto Martyn and Michael thanks Iron Brigade for sharing your diorama what an enjoyment it's been picking out the Trophy figures and sets along with others from different sources. The Imperial Commissary Storehouse an mealie bags blends in very nicely with your accurate layout of the Mission Station........The Lt.

Dear "The Lt.":

Thanks for your comments and of course all of the other comments from other members who took the time to do so. Yes, if I do say so my self the set up of the Rorke's Drift immediate defenses are very accurate due to my review of Ian Knight's book entitled "Brave Men's Blood". The "Storehouse" made by Imperial Productions is very accurate except for the missing stairs & loft on the right side of the bldg. Otherwise the Imperial Productions model of the storehouse looks just like a 1879 photo I saw of it!

"Iron Brigade"

Beautiful job with the dio and love the classic glossy figures. You have some great stuff. -- Al

Was you diorama ever in one of the Toy Soldier and Model Figure magazines?:)

Dear "Arnhem44mad":

Yes, many photos of my diorama along with a brief article submitted by me appeared in the November 2003 issue of Toy Soldier & Model Figure (TS&MF) magazine. It was entitled "My Favorite dioarama". Thanks for asking.

"Iron Brigade"

Nice display, i have both the later Trophy Storehouse and Hospital and would love to display them,but its just finding the space.:eek:

Nice display, I have both the later Trophy Storehouse and Hospital and would love to display them,but its just finding the space.:eek:

Dear "steveo":

Ah yes, lack of display space is a problem or soon becomes one as time goes by. Good luck!

"Iron Brigade"

Thats a very nice display with some very nice figures
Mitch

Here I hope are some more photos. I will try to post another #5 photos to show the whole 80 x 24 inch diorama I have of Rorke's Drift. Again, there are many Trophy sets, but also many other figures, all are in gloss.
Best regards, "Iron Brigade"View attachment 46294

View attachment 46295

View attachment 46296

View attachment 46297

View attachment 46298

To everyone who has taken the time to make splendid reply back comments to me about the #6 photos I posted on my "Roke's Drift" diorama:

Thank you all very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Iron Brigade"

To everyone who has taken the time to make splendid reply back comments to me about the #6 photos I posted on my "Roke's Drift" diorama:

Thank you all very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Iron Brigade"
Your diorama is great. I wonder if "Zulu" had not been produced, what would have been the toy soldier production? What is it about the AZW that attracts so many collectors?

Your diorama is great. I wonder if "Zulu" had not been produced, what would have been the toy soldier production? What is it about the AZW that attracts so many collectors?

Dear "W T Allison II":

Ah, good question about the 1964 movie "Zulu" starring Michael Caine & Stanley Baker. I saw this movie when it first came out in 1964. And when I started collecting toy soldiers the end of 1991 I very soon started making up displays/dioramas of Rorke's Drift and for a time the Battle of Isanhlawana as well. So the movie "Zulu" was certainly in large part my reason for getting figures that related to the Zulu War of 1879. The other reason was that there seemed to be a lot of figures including action figures available by assorted makers (Alymer, Trophy, etc.) to make up interesting displays. By the way, about 8 to 10 years ago I got the VHS tape of "Zulu Dawn" that was made in about 1986 I believe. Prior to that I already had a VHS tape of "Zulu".

Best regards, "Iron Brigade"

Dear "W T Allison II":

Ah, good question about the 1964 movie "Zulu" starring Michael Caine & Stanley Baker. I saw this movie when it first came out in 1964. And when I started collecting toy soldiers the end of 1991 I very soon started making up displays/dioramas of Rorke's Drift and for a time the Battle of Isanhlawana as well. So the movie "Zulu" was certainly in large part my reason for getting figures that related to the Zulu War of 1879. The other reason was that there seemed to be a lot of figures including action figures available by assorted makers (Alymer, Trophy, etc.) to make up interesting displays. By the way, about 8 to 10 years ago I got the VHS tape of "Zulu Dawn" that was made in about 1986 I believe. Prior to that I already had a VHS tape of "Zulu".

Best regards, "Iron Brigade"
My situation was similiar to yours except I had been collecting Britains since the third grade. When I finally discovered Trophy, I had to forgo AZW to collect Naps, Boxers, Egypt and Sudan, boats and the Alamo. I have some AZW but didn't have the room or the funds to really commit. I think the two movies were the spark. The Durbar is my focus now.

A very nice display you have Gary.

Before joining the forum I had never even heard of the AZW. (Never really was much of a history fan and have become more interested and learned a lot since joining this forum)

It was our good friend The LT that sparked my interest and from there I watch Zulu & Zulu Dawn and enjoyed both movies very much. My collection is only William Britains as it is what I have collected since I was a child.

Hello Iron Brigade,
Great scenes of the battle, supberb model soldier's.
I remember I was 11 when Zulu came out, I tried to play it out with my Guard soldier's and Red Indian's.
My dad alway's told me you are only limited by your imagination.
After all these year's I have started to get some CTA Zulu bits and will get it going again, fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back