Rorke's Drift diorama (2 Viewers)

Hello Iron Brigade,
Great scenes of the battle, supberb model soldier's.
I remember I was 11 when Zulu came out, I tried to play it out with my Guard soldier's and Red Indian's.
My dad alway's told me you are only limited by your imagination.
After all these year's I have started to get some CTA Zulu bits and will get it going again, fingers crossed.

Dear "Red Dave":

Thanks for your very recent comments on my old "Rorke's Drift" battle diorama! Ah, I was age 19 when I saw the movie "ZULU" in 1964. The Zulu War of 1879 was an interesting period of history. Have you ever read any books on the Zulu War of 1879 by Ian Knight of the UK? He is a primary expert on this war.

"Iron Brigade"

Hello Iron Brigade

I have read the Osprey Zulu War related books and many other books on the subject.
A great subject for those of us who cannot get enough.
I am just reading James W Bankcrofts Rorkes Drift, great descriptions of the Hospital fighting.
I just wish there was more films on this subject.

Red Dave

Re: Rorke's Drift diorama, more photos.

Here I hope are some more photos. I will try to post another #5 photos to show the whole 80 x 24 inch diorama I have of Rorke's Drift. Again, there are many Trophy sets, but also many other figures, all are in gloss.
Best regards, "Iron Brigade"View attachment 46294

View attachment 46295

View attachment 46296

View attachment 46297

View attachment 46298

Thanks to all who have posted comments on my "Rorke's Drift" diorama some time ago!

"Iron Brigade"

Re: Rorke's Drift diorama, more photos.

image002.jpgimage002.jpgimage002.jpgimage002.jpgimage002.jpg
Here I hope are some more photos. I will try to post another #5 photos to show the whole 80 x 24 inch diorama I have of Rorke's Drift. Again, there are many Trophy sets, but also many other figures, all are in gloss.
Best regards, "Iron Brigade"View attachment 46294

View attachment 46295

View attachment 46296

View attachment 46297

View attachment 46298

Very nice diorama, I really prefer them with LL to any of the alternative manufacturers, the level of detail from LL is great.....
Well here is the relief column.....let the troops know and hold on.....:salute::{bravo}}

Great pictures of your Relief Column Fleury

Cheers

Martyn:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back