Round Top Displays - Fort ‘John Ford’ (1 Viewer)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,

Over the 6 days of the ROUND TOP ANTIQUES FAIR from Monday 14 – Saturday 19 October the King & Country team, Laura, Tammi, Kristy and yours truly will be showing off some of our newest as well as some of our most popular series utilizing a number of different display techniques and styles.

Probably our biggest and most spectacular is a 1:30 scale U.S. Cavalry Fort based on the kind of frontier forts favoured by Hollywood movie directors in the ‘Western’ of the 1930s and 1940s.

The great film director John Ford directed many of the finest such as ‘FORT APACHE’, ‘SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON’ and ‘RIO GRANDE’ and these movies provided the inspiration for what we have called ‘FORT JOHN FORD’.

Another source of inspiration was a small section of a Cavalry Fort built by my late brother Gordon back around 2014-2015.

This new Fort was to help display our K&C ‘John Ford Cavalry’ range of figures. Hope you like it…
Andy

20818.jpg

20815.jpg

20817.jpg

20816.jpg

Great fort. I like the incorporation of the older watch tower into the wooden palisade. Nice figures too!

Brendan

Perfect fort. And figures. I can hear the theme from Horse Soldiers - a favorite of ours. Iconic indeed!
Paddy & Dad

Andy
Great seeing you today at Round Top! Thanks to a last minute work trip that took me within 20 miles of the fair, got to visit and catch up with Andy. No photos, but lovely display. Really neat displays with backdrops, turned out very nice. Hopefully will pick up new collectors! There certainly was a stream of foot traffic. The fair itself is very cool. Saw a lot of very nice historic artifacts, flags, movie posters and some wild antiques! One thing, no Confederate Civil War stuff that I could find but a ton of Union. Go figure!

Tom

Thankyou Guys for the appreciative comments about ‘Fort John Ford’…it was certainly popular today on the first day of the Show.
It was an added bonus to be surprised and delighted to meet up with Tom, an old and valued friend from the Chicago Show days!
Tom, I forgot to ask you for our mutual mate Hans H’s contact details please send me a private email if you can.
All the best,
Andy.

Yes the fort is just the ticket to show off the series. Expect orders to follow, does not get better than this. Robin.

Hi Andy - the fort is even better than you described during your recent visit to Brisbane.

A fort will be very popular if you choose to produce and make available to collectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back