Royal Marine Commando (2 Viewers)

Cardigan600

Memoriam Member
Yo Troopers, just got this superb Chas Stadden Royal Marine Commando. Bought it as a Pewter model, had it painted by Andy Kent;). This model was not on general issue, it was made mainly for the Royal Marines.
I believe one of the UK bods was a Royal Marine Commando, Andy somebody:rolleyes: a guy from Durham maybe some of you know of him:) lol.
Bernard.

Attachments

• SL731908.JPG
    SL731908.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 714
  • SL731907.JPG
    SL731907.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 770
That's a cracking figure Bernard, and a brilliant paint job. Glad it's found a good home.

Very nice sculpting and pose and fine painting. Congratulations on a lovely addition mate.:cool:

Hi,
The figure is a 90mm scale, I liked painting these when I was with Stadden Studios. Andy Kent is a great painter and remember him well, I lost touch with him when I relocated to Pool Dorset with Stadden Studios. I got to say it was the best years of my life working on the figures, But parted ways when they relocated again. Its great to see that there are still collectors out there.

KB

Easier to paint the man in the white suit, than the camouflge pattern on this man's Denison smock.:)

Bootneck

Attachments

• RM Denison Smock Z.JPG
    RM Denison Smock Z.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,255
Yo Trooper, easy is it, only if your a class painter Like Andy Kent, dont forget the shading on the white and the Grey Seal Hat and gloves. Is that a photo of yourself, if so its not a DPM suit its just a ordinary Combat suit. The painters tell me they enjoyed painting the DPM suits. (Ooooops) they dont like the word painters (sorry guys) Their title is "Artist" So thought to welcome you to the forum would show you this guy from the "Land Of The Long White Cloud" thats shown in my albums.:cool:
Bernard.

Attachments

• New Zealand.jpg
    New Zealand.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 217
Bernard thank you for your welcome. I came to NZ in 1961. I was in 42 Commando RM before that. Yes it is an ancient photo of me. The denison smock is WW2 camouflage pattern. It has a flap on the back which can be brought up between the legs and fixed at the front. This was to prevent your skirt blowing up when descending from Heavan to Earth. Only paras and commandos were issued with this type of smock. The trousers were just plain denim a sort of olive/green colour. The boots were SV boots and instead of anklets we wore short khaki puttees.

I see that you are in Ireland - my favourite place was the beautiful N. Antrim coast. What is the badge in your profile ? Pardon my ignorance but we were part of the Royal Navy.

Getting back to toy soldiers. I collect the old hollow lead Britains. So the closest thing in that would be the Britains Ski Troop set. No comparison really. as those were toys and yours is a model. I assume that yours would have been based in Norway, protecting NATOs northern flank.

Bootneck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back