Rta 005 mexican flag bearer........ (1 Viewer)

Bayern

Staff Sergeant
I was looking at these wonderful Alamo figures when I noted that there is something wrong with the flag.

_Photos_RTA_RTA005(L).jpg

Battalion is misspelled. The figure pictured has the spelling Batalion on the flag.

It would have been spelled Batallón.

Ludwig

Rivet buster number 2.

Back to the question at hand....

Contemporary Spanish spells it "batallón", but was that the accepted spelling in 1836? Unfortunately, my expertise is in Germanic languages, and not so much in the Latin family.

This may not be a foul--we need an umpire's ruling :D

Prost, or, saludos!
Brad

Contemporary Spanish spells it "batallón", but was that the accepted spelling in 1836? Unfortunately, my expertise is in Germanic languages, and not so much in the Latin family.

Prost, or, saludos!
Brad

Brad my friend!!

I believe I am right. I also received a communicate that KC actually corrected it on the actual figure before it was released. WAY TO GO KC!!! I do not however own one to compare!!

I think the picture should be changed though. For the respect of their language.

Ludwig

PS. No taking my rivet Brad

Last edited:
Brad my friend!!

I believe I am right. I also received a communicate that KC actually corrected it on the actual figure before it was released. WAY TO GO KC!!! I do not however own one to compare!!

I think the picture should be changed though. For the respect of their language.

Ludwig

Ludwig, I see the flag bearer photo you posted is a K&C stock photo. You may have caught the spelling on it, but if it was corrected before being released
then..................... I am going to have to take your rivet Ludwig {sm3} Just kidding......Nice catch though !!!!

Prost, or, saludos!
Brad

Brad my friend!!

Ludwig

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/360/rta005.html

I don't have the figure, i want to buy it, but if you look in the link you'll note the spelling was corrected!:)

Can,

As stated previously in one of my posts it was corrected. See above. Actually this is the figure that was corrected before it was released that Treefrog pictured for their 360 degree view. Treefrog still has the incorrect regular picture on the post as does he KC website. Again those need to be changed.

Brad, the spelling was the same then as now. Here are some examples. These two Guerrero and Matamoros are the same as the Aldama Regiment Flag.

Thanks for your historical interest.

Ludwig

matamoros.jpgguerrero.jpg

The Aldama Battallion

I was looking at these wonderful Alamo figures when I noted that there is something wrong with the flag.

View attachment 99947

Battalion is misspelled. The figure pictured has the spelling Batalion on the flag.

It would have been spelled Batallón.

Ludwig

Rivet buster number 2.

Thank you Ludwig! I appreciate attention to historic details......I will change the "I" into "L", and it will be ok!!!!{bravo}}

Double-l, makes sense, so that way, it's pronounced, "bah-tai-yon" (long O ), similiar to the French and Italian.

Thanks for the images of the original flags!

Prost!
Brad

Guys

As you will see from the attached the lettering on the Mexican flag was corrected for the production run

Bob

DSC00016-1.jpg

DSC00041-1.jpg

Guys

As you will see from the attached the lettering on the Mexican flag was corrected for the production run

Bob

DSC00016-1.jpg

DSC00041-1.jpg

Yes Bob, that is noted in the thread. The pictures on the site have not been amended still however. I would think they should be in respect to the ol Espanole lingo...as well as if I was a buyer particularly of Latin decent I would probably pass on it as how would the on line buyer that is not a frogger know that it was corrected.

Now, these are great displays. Are they yours?

Very nice. Capturing the onslaught as it must have been. I like your Conte's added in too.

Ludwig

Yes Bob, that is noted in the thread. The pictures on the site have not been amended still however. I would think they should be in respect to the ol Espanole lingo...as well as if I was a buyer particularly of Latin decent I would probably pass on it as how would the on line buyer that is not a frogger know that it was corrected.

Now, these are great displays. Are they yours?

Very nice. Capturing the onslaught as it must have been. I like your Conte's added in too.

Ludwig

It goes to show, though, that the King and Country site does indeed have something for everyone. Some people like WW2, some WW1, some Napoleonic and some like to find errors. I am pleased that they have catered for you in this instance.

It goes to show, though, that the King and Country site does indeed have something for everyone. Some people like WW2, some WW1, some Napoleonic and some like to find errors. I am pleased that they have catered for you in this instance.

Thank you Jack!! How did you know I have WW2, WW1 and Napoleonic Figures. You must have seen my collection posted on here.

Have a great Day!!

Ludwig

Thank you Jack!! How did you know I have WW2, WW1 and Napoleonic Figures. You must have seen my collection posted on here.

Have a great Day!!

Ludwig

Have you been posting pictures of your collection? I will keep my eye out for them in future{sm4}

Have you been posting pictures of your collection? I will keep my eye out for them in future{sm4}

..I know, they are hard to miss..I only have a few.^&grin But I am working it.

Ludwig

...I would think they should be in respect to the ol Espanole lingo...as well as if I was a buyer particularly of Latin decent I would probably pass on it as how would the on line buyer that is not a frogger know that it was corrected.

Na, mei Liaba, it's of a piece with the Hessian officer's moustaches (though to be fair to K&C, Frontline has made the same error with their SYW Prussians, heck, so did Britains with the mounted Queen back in the day) it makes any originals that made it onto the market more valuable ;)

Prost!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back