Russian miniatures (1 Viewer)

Alex

Corporal
Hi all

Here are a few pictures of my ever growing collection of russian miniatures. All pictures taken handheld under natural light with my Olympus EM-5 camera.

Cheers

Alex

Attachments

• P2160020.JPG
    P2160020.JPG
    872.4 KB · Views: 1,551
  • P2160019.JPG
    P2160019.JPG
    856.3 KB · Views: 1,490
  • P2160017.JPG
    P2160017.JPG
    999.1 KB · Views: 1,964
  • P2160016.JPG
    P2160016.JPG
    990.2 KB · Views: 1,613
actually I was too busy to attach the sword blades to the hilt. And we're planning to move soon so it will be easier to pack without the sword blades attached. More to come in a few seconds

Attachments

• P2160021.JPG
    P2160021.JPG
    893.8 KB · Views: 653
  • P2160022.JPG
    P2160022.JPG
    933.4 KB · Views: 639
  • P2160023.JPG
    P2160023.JPG
    974.5 KB · Views: 622
  • P2160025.JPG
    P2160025.JPG
    910 KB · Views: 601
  • P2160024.JPG
    P2160024.JPG
    874.6 KB · Views: 628
I will sort my figures very soon because everything is now mix together.... I hate to have to deplace the figures because there is always the risk of dropping one :(
My favorite mounted figures are the knight with flag and the arab on camel & my favorite vignette is the crusader stabbed (well almost) from the back.

Enjoy !

Alex

Man those Russians know how to paint!I also like the crusader about to get his throat cut.Did I see some FL dudes in the mix?Beautiful collection.How many do you have total?
Mark

The figures in the second and third photo of the fourth post are spectacular and the depiction of the Madonna-like painting is breathtaking. Congrats on some fine additions to your collection.

Brad

I have around 175 FL figures, close to 70 russian figures (a few old aeroart pieces in that) and still close to 200 KC figures and AFVs.

My main focus is now only collecting russian figures and painting some myelf.

Man those Russians know how to paint!I also like the crusader about to get his throat cut.Did I see some FL dudes in the mix?Beautiful collection.How many do you have total?
Mark

That mounted figure is really a very very nice figure. What I like a lot in the flag is that the other side of it is very different and has another kind of figurative painting. Might not be historically correct but I collect those pieces like any art collector will do. I buy what I trully like. And everyday I get up to go to work, I take a quick look at those russian pieces.. just one or two minutes and it gives me that special happiness which I always had when visiting museums when I was a kid.. Difficult to explain :)

Cheers

Alex

The figures in the second and third photo of the fourth post are spectacular and the depiction of the Madonna-like painting is breathtaking. Congrats on some fine additions to your collection.

Brad

That mounted figure is really a very very nice figure. What I like a lot in the flag is that the other side of it is very different and has another kind of figurative painting. Might not be historically correct but I collect those pieces like any art collector will do. I buy what I trully like. And everyday I get up to go to work, I take a quick look at those russian pieces.. just one or two minutes and it gives me that special happiness which I always had when visiting museums when I was a kid.. Difficult to explain :)

Cheers

Alex

Hi Alex ,
A really beautiful collection thank you so much for sharing them with us {bravo}}{bravo}}. I also really like your post above , I do the same thing every morning and it is hard to explain for me when I was a child I would go to the toy shop and look for hours and dream of owning many of the things on display thank GOD after many many years of hard work we can fulfill those dreams in our own way .. Regards Gebhard

The Russian figures exhibit unbelievable detail and realism, but it is the facial expressions that have always made the figures so special to me. The faces just make the whole figure. I also agree about the figure with the Madonna banner. Just beautiful. Congratulations on building such a large collection of these wonderful figures. -- Al

I think the reason why we collect were nailed by Alex and Gebhard. Every day we look at what we have and it gives us a good feeling and a feeling of comfort.

Stunning figures (and excellent photos). Congrats and many thanks for posting. I really have to get back to these photos later, with a little more time, these are really awesome. I see some FL figures in the background, they look like they fit in nicely, I'll be back on this part...

Paulo

Hi Alex,
I just wanted to thank you again on sharing the pics of your staggering collection. I can see why it reminds you of museums you used to frequent. These figures are like paintings that have come alive. The primary pursuit of my collection has become Russian figures as well. This shift occurred for many reasons. But all one has to do is look at your pics and they would understand why. It's a brilliant collection you have. Enjoy!
Joe

Hi everyone and thank you for your comments. By the way, if any of you visit Montreal in the future, send me an email and I will be very happy to show you my collection in flesh.

I will try to take other pictures this weekend of other russian miniatures I do have and post them here. Unfortunately it is too late now and I prefer natural light to shoot.

Cheers !

Alex

Hi everyone and thank you for your comments. By the way, if any of you visit Montreal in the future, send me an email and I will be very happy to show you my collection in flesh.

I will try to take other pictures this weekend of other russian miniatures I do have and post them here. Unfortunately it is too late now and I prefer natural light to shoot.

Cheers !

Alex

Alex,
I'll look forward to the pics.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back