Sa (1 Viewer)

Guy

Major
I have started to collect the figurines I'll need for a dio I will make this year called "Madness" : The SA in a bombed street of a German city in early 1945
guy
DSCI0399.JPG

DSCI0400.JPG

In early 45 there were no SA parades.....Better in 30-37.....:p

In early 45 there were no SA parades.....Better in 30-37.....:p

The SA lost power in 1934 but they continued to exist until the end of the war (in 1945 they still had 1,2 million members) After the car accident of Viktor Lutze, Wilhelm Schepmann took command of the SA until the end of the war. But Ok then I go for 1943
guy

...nice use of the Thomas Gunn (BER007) SA Car alongside the K&C SA figures....looks to blend well together....

The SA lost power in 1934 but they continued to exist until the end of the war (in 1945 they still had 1,2 million members) After the car accident of Viktor Lutze, Wilhelm Schepmann took command of the SA until the end of the war. But Ok then I go for 1943
guy

Without going back to check, I believe that after the Night of the Long Knives or shortly thereafter, they were integrated into the SS. I think they ceased to be a separate paramilitary force at some point. However, I'm happy to be corrected on this point :)

Brad

Without going back to check, I believe that after the Night of the Long Knives or shortly thereafter, they were integrated into the SS. I think they ceased to be a separate paramilitary force at some point. However, I'm happy to be corrected on this point :)

Brad

...it was the other way around.....the SS were once part of the SA (very early days)...then became a force in their own right....and completely separated after the events of Operation Hummingbird (or Night of the Long Knives)....the SA existed until the end of the war....a shadow of its former self...

...it was the other way around.....the SS were once part of the SA (very early days)...then became a force in their own right....and completely separated after the events of Operation Hummingbird (or Night of the Long Knives)....the SA existed until the end of the war....a shadow of its former self...

You're absolutely right. The SA even had it's own military formations such as the SA Polizei ,the SA-Marine ( search and rescue operations) and the best known is the "Feldherrnhalle" Division ( active on the Eastern front ) which later expanded into the SA Feldherrnhalle Panzerkorps which fought in Hungary and Austria and surrendered to the US in 1945
guy:)

I realize the SS came from the SA but otherwise stand corrected although the SS basically superseded the SA and the latter basically ceased to have much significance, especially after Victor Lutze was killed.

The waffen ss were Hitler' s bodyguard (Leibstandarte) since the early 20ies.They were phisically like supermen and politically fanatic, but in little number( I think like 1000).
After the night of the Long knives, Rohm' s SA (about one or 2 million men, a bunch of criminals without discipline), were almost totally cancelled, and their men were transferred into the waffen SS or into werhmacht, and their chiefs killed. So, after that purge, only little SA still survived, and they came under Himmler's control.

So you can't say that the waffen SS were once part of the SA, because they have always been an independent corps under Himmler' s command.And actually the rivalry between Himmler and Rhom ( SS against SA) was one of the reasons of the purge.

Guy:

I look forward to seeing your new near the end of WW2 in Germany display or diorama later this year!

Iron Brigade"

Such a parade in fallin Berlin would be totaly innacurate
Such parade with those SA uniforms were held in Germany only prior 1937

guy

SORRY I MEANT 1934 ( got the figures in the wrong order)
guy

Guy - I reckon your diorama would work really well as a pre-war scene with this unfortunate fellow (from WS091) being arrested by those TG SA police for writing "Down with Hitler!" on the poster board.
Carlin.

Prisoner.JPG

Just to proof that your statement is not correct a few pictures of 1938 and even 1940 of SA parades held in germany
1938 Nürenberg
Adolf-Hitler-SA-Parade-in-Nurnberg-Reichsparteitag-1938.jpg
1938 in front of Kanselarei Berlin
SA parade 1938.jpg
1940 Reichparteitag
SA parade 1940.jpg

Just to proof that your statement is not correct a few pictures of 1938 and even 1940 of SA parades held in germany

1938 in front of the Kanselarei in Berlin
View attachment 142823
1940 Reichparteitag Nürenberg
View attachment 142824

Attachments

• Adolf-Hitler-SA-Parade-in-Nurnberg-Reichsparteitag-1938.jpg
    Adolf-Hitler-SA-Parade-in-Nurnberg-Reichsparteitag-1938.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 131
Guy just do what ever you like mate its your dio,and im looking forward to seeing it finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back