Sad news. (2 Viewers)

truly sad news. His pieces to me are the best part of my collection. The ingenuity and detail he achieved in glossy toy soldiers is head and shoulders above any others as a whole. I only ever spoke to him via email, sorry i was unable to meet him in person.

Td

tom i could not have said it better. I just won and recieved a command set of the kings own from his napoleonic series and i still get that tingly feeling when i open them up.
Trophy sets are my pride and joy of my collection. I wish len could have seen my 18ft display of waterloo which inclued 1200 trophy figures. I owe a lot to len for all the enjoyment i have and still do get from the figures he made. Thanks len and god bless you. Rip

tom i could not have said it better. I just won and recieved a command set of the kings own from his napoleonic series and i still get that tingly feeling when i open them up.
Trophy sets are my pride and joy of my collection. I wish len could have seen my 18ft display of waterloo which inclued 1200 trophy figures. I owe a lot to len for all the enjoyment i have and still do get from the figures he made. Thanks len and god bless you. Rip

So it was you who outbid me?

You did be a favour to be honest as I couldn't contact seller about postage costs!

Hope you enjoy it mate!

Scott

so it was you who outbid me?

You did be a favour to be honest as i couldn't contact seller about postage costs!

Hope you enjoy it mate!

Scott

there are not to many sets i need in the series left. On the allies side i need wa 74 trooper 1 of the blues. And i need the kings own standard bearer with the natl flag.

The french side i need the red lancers of hamburg trumpet major ( the fellow with a yellow jacket and red pants on a swerving horse), and i need three of the hussars in white and light blue ( the officer, bugler and trooper 20

its taken me 21 years to get to this point, 21 years full of excitement all provided to me by len taylor's decision to get into the toy solder manufacturing business and creating the best glossy figures ever made.

there are not to many sets i need in the series left. On the allies side i need wa 74 trooper 1 of the blues. And i need the kings own standard bearer with the natl flag.

The french side i need the red lancers of hamburg trumpet major ( the fellow with a yellow jacket and red pants on a swerving horse), and i need three of the hussars in white and light blue ( the officer, bugler and trooper 20

its taken me 21 years to get to this point, 21 years full of excitement all provided to me by len taylor's decision to get into the toy solder manufacturing business and creating the best glossy figures ever made.

by the way if anybody could help me out with any of those 6 sets it would be much appreciated.

I've just had a phone call from Ken to tell me that Len Taylor passed away on Friday.

Martin

I've been away on holidays and returned to hear this sad news.

I spoke with Len many times over the years and have possibly one of the largest collections of Trophy Napoleonics in Ontario, Canada.

Len was a very personable and interesting person to have a conversation with and he had a wonderful 'tongue in cheek' sense of humor.

He will be sadly missed!

May the "Wizard of Wales" R.I.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back