Sailing the South China Seas (2 Viewers)

I'm in! Just need to expand the harbour for this baby dockside in my SOHK diorama, the only one my wife allows anywhere near the living room...
:p

I am sure Andy will have one on display. I am in Chicago already since Sunday. working until Wednesday night. Then start walking the halls with Steven Chong Wedesday evening.....after I check in.

Peace...Greg

I ordered one. However, I am still waiting for my K&C club membership to go through, and alas no confirmation yet - only an email telling me I was not in the system. I really, really hope to get one!

I've been advised that the Junks are to be shipped later this week. Here is an actual photo.

Sailing Junk HK 212.jpg

I had asked if they have any plans to make any crew. No present plans but they will bring it to Andy's attention. We can ask Andy in Chicago this week.

Last edited:
These are shipping at the end of this week, Monday at the latest.

These are shipping at the end of this week, Monday at the latest.

CONFIRMATION!!!
Dear Mark,

Thanks for joining our Online Collectors Club for 1 year and your new web order below.
1 * HK212 Sailing Junk
1 * HK215G The Bridal Sedan Set (Gloss)
1 * PM035 Hospitaller Knight (free figure is offered under the Promotion)

Last edited:
Nice going Markey
Post pictures when u get it
Bernie,
The odds of me taking it out of the box right away are slim to none. I'm in a strange position right now with my collecting and someone other may be better to ask of this. But don't count me out, it will depend on just how time consuming it all looks to unpack?

Very nice light weight all assembled boat, what's not to like, Cheers, Robin.

Attachments

• P9170002.jpg
    P9170002.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 202
I got mine yesterday and it's very well done. Where do the figures come from Robin? Retired SOHK?

Where I'm going to put this is a question. Since it's so nice and I don't want it to get dusty, I'm thinking about one of those cases for model ships.

Congrats Robin! I have one waiting at my local post office. I need some figures though!

Thanks Guys, it is well packed in a wooden frame, happy with size of boat, but it's one of those trick boxes, you start large and you work your way down until you think there is nothing in the box. Surprised how light the boat is, which means no pressure on any shelves or glass tops. Understand there maybe a second boat in the pipeline, so start saving. Looking forward to seeing how members display, cheers, Robin.

Attachments

• P9180001.jpg
    P9180001.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 174
I think what's in the works is a pirate junk with guns. Since this one sold out fast, they may increase the quantities. Maybe Andy will comment at some point. However, I believe he has a heavy travel schedule the next couple of weeks.

I think what's in the works is a pirate junk with guns. Since this one sold out fast, they may increase the quantities. Maybe Andy will comment at some point. However, I believe he has a heavy travel schedule the next couple of weeks.

A gun boat would be a great addition, hope you are correct, cheers, Robin.

Has any Australian collectors received this model yet? Being predominantly wood, did anybody have any hold ups with Customs/AQIS inspections?

cheers

Jules

K&C has shipped and I have recieved my junk, plus other items that aren't junk! K&C has once again provided a very professional transaction. The packaging was well planned and arrived as always in perfect order.

Markey

I asked with Andy about the Sailing Junk and future plans during the Chicago Show. K&C only ordered 50 of the Sailing Junks from a factory in China as a test of whether a wooden, hand-carved boat of this type and price point will sell. Andy worried collectors would think the $489 price would too expensive, but I told him that I thought it was a very fair and reasonable price for this boat. At the time of the Chicago Show, Andy said there was a Chinese pirate version of the Sailing Junk, and that if the Sailing Junk did well, K&C would release that version. Given the quick sellout, I think we can expect the pirate version.^&grin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back