SAM029-SAM038 Tadeda Staff plus Oda Nobunaga Messenger (2 Viewers)

FirstLegion

Sergeant Major
It's been a few years since we've last visited our Age of the Samurai product range, so we're very pleased indeed to start the pre-order on this latest group of figures. SAM029-SAM038 represent the Takeda Staff at Nagashino plus a Messenger figure for the Oda Nobunaga clan which will fit in very well with the Oda staff that we released previously. Our Samurai range, though not our most popular, certainly has a diehard group of loyal followers and we sincerely hope that they'll be pleased with the new figures and find them worth the long wait! These figures will be shipping end of March.

takedacover.jpg

SAM029 Takeda Katsuyori - Takeda Clan- $79.95
SAM030 Baba Nobuhara - Takeda Clan - $69.95
SAM031 Obata Nobusada (Masanori) - Takeda Clan - $69.95
SAM032 Samurai Messenger struck by Arrow - Takeda Clan - $74.95
SAM033 Samurai Conch Shell Trumpeter - Takeda Clan - $69.95
SAM034 Samurai Standard Bearer - Takeda Banner - $79.95
SAM035 Samurai Standard Bearer - $79.95
SAM036 Samurai Standard Bearer - Takeda Katsuyori Banner - $79.95
SAM037 Samurai Standard Bearer - Takeda Clan War Banner - $84.95
SAM038 Samurai Messenger - Oda Clan - $69.95
Shipping End March 2014

SAM029page1.jpg

SAM029

SAM030page1.jpg

SAM030

SAM031page1.jpg

SAM031

SAM032page1.jpg

SAM032

SAM033page2.jpg

SAM033

SAM034page1.jpg

SAM034

SAM035page1.jpg

SAM035

SAM036page1.jpg

SAM036

Continued....

SAM037page1.jpg

SAM037

SAM037page2.jpg

SAM037

SAM038page2.jpg

SAM038

We sincerely hope you enjoy the new figures!

Best,

Matt
First Legion

Matt you have really nice looking Samurai, but interestingly you hardly have any Samurai fighting with swords. After all, when you hear the word Samurai, you immediately think of the Samurai sword. Also, a mounted archer would be nice.

The price for First Legion is top of the market but the figures are also top of the market and these are great. Chris.:salute::

Excellent pieces, long overdue but understandable since this is not the most popular sub market.

Obviously I'm still in (silly) denial that the legendary Takeda cavalry was utterly devastated by Oda's brilliant matchlock/barricade tactic at Nagashino, so I prefer to imagine other battles (epic battle of Kawanakajima (against Uesugi Kenshin) or Battle of Mikatagahara (against the eventual Shogun Tokugawa). Takeda's location at the centre of Honshu (provinces of Kai and Shinano) exposes them to many attacks from other Daimyos eager to crush the Takeda ( Much like Germany's military situation in WW2). It shows Katsuyori's skills that even after the devastastion of his main army and many of his 24 generals, it took his rivals 7 years to finally crush the Takeda clan. Oda Nobunaga will give no respite to the eventually defeated Takeda.

My favourite pieces for this releases are - SAM030 Baba Nobuharu (vanguard cavalry, right wing), SAM031 Obata Nobusada (vanguard cavalry, centre) and the SAM032 Samurai Messenger struck by Arrow. I want these 3 to have a mini diorama.

I am still hoping for the Takeda's samurai curtains, and especially (in hope) that one day, a one off Takeda Shingen figure will be released (alter the Takeda Katsuyori helmet perhaps?). Having the Takeda without Shingen, is like having Deutsch Afrika Korps without Rommel! :smile2:

The new Takeda command set will be a good addition to any samurai diorama. The SAM037 - Samurai Standard Banner represents the Takeda Katsuyori domain in Suwa. Though this flag, (Suwa Myojin) seemed to appear after Takeda Shingen's invasion in 1542. I would like to see Uesugi Kenshin as well with his Bishamonten and Dragon Banner .Takeda Clan expansion of annexing the Shinano Province was non stop as he continues to conquer lands in the North, several Daimyo from the south and west wants to take advantage in this situation by crossing the border into Kai (Shingen's domain) namely, the Hojo clan, Imagawa clan have a long standing conflict with the Takeda clan. I will definitely collect a few of this figures, pre ordering will be the next step.:smile2::)

I will be adding a few of these figures to my FL Samurai collection as well to even the balance a bit... :)

Particularly like the banner carrying ones! :smile2:

Kagemusha, the shadow warrior. Takeda Shingen did not live long enough to fight in the Battle of Nagashino, leaving his son Takeda Katsuyori in his stead.

True. Many Japanese historians speculated that Nagashino would not happen if Shingen was still around. One thing for sure, Tokugawa (eventual shogun) would have been besieged. Nobunaga would have been confonted more aptly. Historians noted that Katsoyuri, for all his considerable talents, was neither at his father's level, nor has the wisdom to listen to his experienced advisers ( famous 24 generals).

This range has always intrigued me, most pieces are great and colorful. I bought a couple of pieces years back, always intending to get back. And those two pieces (the archer, and Nobunaga), I decided to display. I just realized that someone else must have liked it too, because they are gone :mad:. I am just happy that the Archer is still Available. Because I can still get it.

This range has always intrigued me, most pieces are great and colorful. I bought a couple of pieces years back, always intending to get back. And those two pieces (the archer, and Nobunaga), I decided to display. I just realized that someone else must have liked it too, because they are gone :mad:. I am just happy that the Archer is still Available. Because I can still get it.

stolen at work?

stolen at work?

Nope, at home. I have a 5 level book case. That I store some of my boxed collections in. and in a couple of levels, is where I display some of my miniatures, I thought that the two figures got pushed behind a Figarti tank that I have on display.With all the discussion with FL's Samurai range. I wanted to admire it again, and found out I do not have the pieces anymore. Family, friends, and acquaintances have visited and have admired my collections. So I guess, someone admired it a little too much. I really do like the Archer, so I will buy it again. And not display it this time. And I really like the piece that has the arrow stuck on it.

Nope, at home. I have a 5 level book case. That I store some of my boxed collections in. and in a couple of levels, is where I display some of my miniatures, I thought that the two figures got pushed behind a Figarti tank that I have on display.With all the discussion with FL's Samurai range. I wanted to admire it again, and found out I do not have the pieces anymore. Family, friends, and acquaintances have visited and have admired my collections. So I guess, someone admired it a little too much. I really do like the Archer, so I will buy it again. And not display it this time. And I really like the piece that has the arrow stuck on it.

That's dastardly.

Perhaps you might consider to do like what I have done here for some pieces. In this way, you can easily realize missing pieces.

I actually have 3 of the large ones you have, one is holding the .50 caliber quad by Figarti, the second has the French 18th line (the 10 pieces I have, they look extremely great, oddly enough my favorite piece is the piper and drummer),
The third container has the FL Red Lancers in it. The book case that I have, has a door that goes up and down, on each of the shelves. So I thought no one would be brazen enough to take anything. Boy, was I wrong....

I bought the archer replacement, and it arrived today. Decided to maybe buy another one, of all the places that had it in stock last night. Most of them do not have it in stock anymore. I fear the ones in eBay will be rising significantly soon.

Family, friends, and acquaintances have visited and have admired my collections. So I guess, someone admired it a little too much. .

Your taking this much better then I would, I'd hope it was one of your acquaintances :mad::mad: I really can't imagine a family member or a friend stealing from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back