San Pablo on a budget... (2 Viewers)

Heck with the boat I had forgotten how good the movie was. I have a VHS copy somewhere that I need to dig out and watch on the big screen.

I only recently discovered it : exceptionnal !
While watching it he could stiop me thinking about all the great toy soldiers that would make !
I've also just seen the 1939 version of the Four Feathers, also some nice scene of gunboats and Dervishes attacks.
Do you know if the recent remake has also some good scenes ?
Michel

I only recently discovered it : exceptional !
While watching it he could stiop me thinking about all the great toy soldiers that would make !
I've also just seen the 1939 version of the Four Feathers, also some nice scene of gunboats and Dervishes attacks.
Do you know if the recent remake has also some good scenes ?
Michel

The new version has good scenes but was a bomb at the box office. It is available on DVD. Another good movie is Gunga Din , 1939 with Grant, Fairbanks and McLaghen - it is in BW but everybody is in khaki so no big deal. In the last battle scene you have charging highlanders, elephant borne Gatling gun etc. It is a kick to watch even now................

The new version has good scenes but was a bomb at the box office. It is available on DVD. Another good movie is Gunga Din , 1939 with Grant, Fairbanks and McLaghen - it is in BW but everybody is in khaki so no big deal. In the last battle scene you have charging highlanders, elephant borne Gatling gun etc. It is a kick to watch even now................

I remember the name Gunga Din from my childhood when I saw it on TV.
But I've never seen it again... good idea. I'll search for it on ebay.
Thanks,
Michel
Ps : don't know if there is alread a thread on 19th century warfare in movie. If not I'll start it . Sure I'll discover some great ones.

I remember the name Gunga Din from my childhood when I saw it on TV.
But I've never seen it again... good idea. I'll search for it on ebay.
Thanks,
Michel
Ps : don't know if there is alread a thread on 19th century warfare in movie. If not I'll start it . Sure I'll discover some great ones.

Though I whipped you
and I flayed you
By the living God that made you
You"re a better man than I am Gunga Din

Users who are viewing this thread

Back