Scenic backdrops (1 Viewer)

I think it coincided with the Rugby World Cup tour of 1813. The French landed, got as far as The Harp and Fiddle pub in Dublin, got drunk, professed their undying love to all other pub patrons and went home again with a hangover. It was a brief but amicable affair.

Gotta love those public houses:D

Tim

I was in Barnes & Noble (Manchster, NH) today and saw books on sale like your Ireland book plus other countries in the same format. I know they had Spain and I think France. These are all bargain/sale books. You live in Salem? So perhaps the B&N in Salem would have these other ones. Spain and France would work for Napoleonics.

Randy

Tim

I was in Barnes & Noble (Manchster, NH) today and saw books on sale like your Ireland book plus other countries in the same format. I know they had Spain and I think France. These are all bargain/sale books. You live in Salem? So perhaps the B&N in Salem would have these other ones. Spain and France would work for Napoleonics.

Randy

Randy did you get to look through them at all, were there a lot of useable photos to use as backdrops to make the purchase worthwhile? Were the photos taken in a scale that will work with the figures?
I came across one about trees that had a few useable photo backdrops but they were not large enough for what I,m looking for.
I,m sure there are a lot of books out there that would work as backdrops its just a matter of hunting them down. I,d like to see that book on spain that sounds interesting.

Tim, I did not think the french landed in Ireland! You maybe accused of trying to rewrite history!

Vamp these are just a few lonely fench troopers who came came over to pilage the country side but found nothing but hills full of sheep. I did I mention they were lonely!!!:p

Randy did you get to look through them at all, were there a lot of useable photos to use as backdrops to make the purchase worthwhile? Were the photos taken in a scale that will work with the figures?
I came across one about trees that had a few useable photo backdrops but they were not large enough for what I,m looking for.
I,m sure there are a lot of books out there that would work as backdrops its just a matter of hunting them down. I,d like to see that book on spain that sounds interesting.

Tim

No I was in a hurry and just saw them on display near the entrance to the store. Sorry I thought you were in NH for some reason:confused: Maybe that's Modwalls. Look forward to meeting you saturday at the Bunker. Also be on the lookout for calendars that will be going on sale at 1/2 price soon--lots of nature and national calendars that might be useful. Take one of your figures with you and hold it in front of the pages. Hopefully people in the store will not think you are strange:D

Randy

Here is an oldie from when the forum first started.

attachment.php

Nice set-ups and pictures. Here is another picture using Simon's backdrop picture. I have to look for a city ruins like Stalingrad for a backdrop. John

Attachments

• WinterGermansw.jpg
    WinterGermansw.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 66
Nice set-ups and pictures. Here is another picture using Simon's backdrop picture. I have to look for a city ruins like Stalingrad for a backdrop. John

Best of luck John.
There seems to be a real shortage of colour photos of destroyed / ruined cities. Either that, or I'm searching all the wrong areas :(

Simon

Cool photo John, thanks for posting. These backdrops are really amazing....

Best of luck John.
There seems to be a real shortage of colour photos of destroyed / ruined cities. Either that, or I'm searching all the wrong areas :(

Simon

Simon: If you have google go to bar on google that says "IMAGES" and type in Stalingrad or other locations and pictures come up. Leadmen

Cheers John,
I've been using google images, but have been typing in stuff like 'ruined city' or 'damaged buildings' etc. Hadn't thought to be more specific with the location. I'll give it a go.

Simon

John/Simon,
I have plenty of photos of the Forbidden City in Beijing but they are full of people in modern clothes so I can't use them.
On reading your suggestions, I googled "Forbiden City Beijing Images", and look what I found. Of course I need to use software to hide the Moa picture and the people just below it but other than that its perfect for the Flashman diorama that I have in mind once I get home.
Cheers
H

beijing-forbidden-city.jpg

Hello Harry and Simon: I was looking at images and have not tried any yet. I don't know if they can be used if copyrighted. I know it would not be for sale or profit. Can we mess with these photos ? My son says he uses them. I have not picked any images but maybe I will mess with them Sunday. John

I know that copyright law is like a dark art. There are certain exemptions for some aspects if used for educational purposes :rolleyes:.
Any of the forum legal professionals have a definitive answer?

If my son stops by the house tomorrow I will ask him. I know he uses them in school where he is a public high school teacher. Maybe he knows. John

You'll probably get a better answer from John's son than I can give. However, if John's son doesn't know, I can ask a colleague at work.

John,

Excellent, perfect set for the montage.

I guess we can download images as long as we are not using them commercially. Also, if someone objects to using the picture that under law they have to notify you first of any violation. I don't know of anyone having a problem. My son said on his website all he asked is a e-mail for permission to download pictures or text. Thanks: John

I guess we can download images as long as we are not using them commercially. Also, if someone objects to using the picture that under law they have to notify you first of any violation. I don't know of anyone having a problem. My son said on his website all he asked is a e-mail for permission to download pictures or text. Thanks: John

In other words they have to catch you first.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back