Scotland says No (3 Viewers)

Rob

Four Star General
Today Scotland voted by a fair margin to stay in the UK, a great result and am very pleased Scotland will remain in the union. Now there are promises of more powers to Scotland from Westminster and these must be kept. I'm guessing Mr Connery in the Bahamas or wherever he lives is not a happy bunny today......but I'm very pleased:salute::

AND I don't have to change my avatar!^&grin:wink2:

Rob

I am very pleased with the result. If nothing else, it shows the benefits of British law. There are many, many countries in the world that would have decided an issue like this with tanks.

We are also glad, down under.

We didn't want to have to change our flag either...... :)

Rule Britannia !!!!!!!!!!!

John

Now its our turn to vote to leave the Commonwealth.................^&grin

I'm glad the Scottish people as a majority went with their brains and not swayed by any heart string pulling Braveheart type garbage and wisely realised they are better off in the union than out of it, the union is all the stronger for them being in it.

Now there are other political questions to be asked and answered for the other three nations in the union, interesting times ahead.

Rob

Scots weren't brave enough this time...

That's easy for you to say since you're not Scottish and can kibbitz all you want but it would have had consequences to the UK as a whole and as approximately 85% of the eligible voting population voted, I think they carefully considered the decision. That, my friend, is democracy in action.

That's easy for you to say since you're not Scottish and can kibbitz all you want but it would have had consequences to the UK as a whole and as approximately 85% of the eligible voting population voted, I think they carefully considered the decision. That, my friend, is democracy in action.

Brilliantly put my friend:salute::

Rob

Being an outsider, I would think that with the concessions promised Scotland that it makes it a win /win situation for them.

That said, I can just imagine that Robert the Bruce is spinning in his grave. :wink2:

I hope it works out the best for all concerned.

Chuck

Not very exciting or Bold, but typically British, Chive on and keep Steady!!!

Being of Scottish descent (my Great Grandparents from both sides) I glad to see that the wise joice was made to stay in the UK, just shows how smart a mob Scotts are, would've been utter folly to leave the Union....ONYA JOCK
Wayne.

Above all this was a brilliant display of democracy! Despite it is an exclusive Scottish issue, where only Scotts have a say, if I’m allowed an opinion, with all respect to the yes supporters, I’m very happy with the outcome, because IMHO it was a win/win outcome.

I am glad sanity prevailed
Why would you want to break up such a great country as the UK

As 45% of the voting population voted with YES, politicians would be well advised to understand why these people voted the way they did. I for one am very curious to see strong federalism to develop in the UK. But I am not holding my breath.

WE WILL SEE IF THE PROMISE IS KEPT
THERE IS CRACKS STARTING ALREADY BETWEEN THE TORIES AND LABOUR
SORRY TO SEE WEE ECK GO WHAT A MAN TO GET US SO FAR:salute::

I thought Andy Murray's last min decision to back the Yes vote very interesting, he really did decide at the last min and said ' Let's do this' !

Wonder what the 'Wimbledon Voters' would have thought if he'd said earlier in the year he was for Yes?!:wink2:
Rob

Last edited:
Scots weren't brave enough this time...

Puh-leeze. Bravery has nothing to do with it. Enough Scots realized the practical problems associated with seceding from the United Kingdom, as well as the long historical and cultural ties that go back long before the Act of Union three hundred years ago. The peoples of the British Isles are far more closely related to one another by those ties, than they are divided by any differences.

Seriously, Poppo, I have to wonder sometimes how you come up with this stuff.

I thought Andy Murray's last min decision to back the Yes vote very interesting, he really did decide at the last min and said ' Let's do this' !

Wonder what the 'Wimbledon Voters' would have thought if he'd said earlier in the year he was for Yes?!:wink2:
Rob

THEY WOULD HAVE SAID @@@@ THAT SCOTTISH @@@@@@@
JUST LIKE WHEN HE SAID ANYBODY BUT ENGLAND{eek3}:rolleyes2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back