Should HB have its own forum thread? (1 Viewer)

panda1gen said:
What do you think, picking up the points already raised in the forums?

I made that suggestion two days ago in the thread entitled Honour Bound. Obviously, you missed it. That shows the need for HB to have their own forum (thread). The same for NMA. I am tired to go from threads to sub-threads just in case.

Pierre.

I think it's premature. These companies only have a combined total of less than five products. Yes, there's a lot of excitement but I don't think the time is quite here yet.

I have to agree with Brad on this one. Only the two largest producers (and, for Shannon & Pete, sellers) have their own forums. As much as I am impressed by both the innovation and quality of HB products, I think they need to be around a few years, and produce a few hundred products, before they warrant their own forum like K&C & Britains.

I agree that HB and NMA are not quite ready..Lot's of excitement and interest. Let them get some more products out to market....

Showman said:
I agree that HB and NMA are not quite ready..Lot's of excitement and interest. Let them get some more products out to market....

I agree with Louis and you.

Carlos

I don't think you have to look at the production side of things. The HB- and NMA-threads draw a lot of attention, I think even more than Britians. Maybe it's still too early, but if that's the case, why not create a 1/30th-section or something?

Just a suggestion...

Pierre said:
I made that suggestion two days ago in the thread entitled Honour Bound. Obviously, you missed it. That shows the need for HB to have their own forum (thread). The same for NMA. I am tired to go from threads to sub-threads just in case.

Pierre.

No Pierre, I did see it, that is why I asked the question in a new thread. I tried to make clear it wasn't my idea. Hope that is OK.

Gentle Friends,

I agree with Brad, Louis, Showman, and Carlos and anyone else that indicates that it is premature for HB to have its own forum thread. I think they offer too few products for a fair assessment regarding how much the company will impact the hobby over time.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

I don't have an opinion concerning a new forum tread for any particular topic.

My comments are these:
- Who makes that decision and how do they arrive at any particular decision?
- Should some sort of criteria be established or not?
- Criteria is established, what is it that determines a yes or no decision? Is it 100 postings on any particular subject or is it simply a subjective decision made by Shannon or Pete or a moderator?
- Do I really have to make this so complicated? Of course, why not.:D

I believe it's Shannon's decision as to how she would like to do things. She's done a great job so far so I'd leave it up to her.

panda1gen said:
No Pierre, I did see it, that is why I asked the question in a new thread. I tried to make clear it wasn't my idea. Hope that is OK.

Hi Panda,

It is surely OK. I have no copyright on that:p and it was a really good thing that you started a new thread on that matter. Obviously, you had more reactions that way than me. That makes clear for me that we need a specific thread for HB (and NMA), no matter the number of their releases, just to improve the forum. It would make it more user-friendly than actually.

Regards,
Pierre :)

The only thing I question is there enough product diversity to support itself in a manner like K&C?
Ray

Imo Honour Bound DOES deserve its own section on this forum because the companys' profile is much higher than before, and their products are now collected by a number of members including formerly hard core K & C collectors. HB deserves increased recognition for its performance in this hobby and I'm sure we all appreciate the new standard HB have set for polystone tanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back