Slow K&C Web Site (1 Viewer)

King's Man

Sergeant
I have a very high speed web connection; however the newly designed King & Country web site takes forever to upload. Their old site design was much quicker. I don't even go to their site anymore preferring Treefrog's site because it loads so much quicker.

Today I must go to the main K&C site because they are the only ones with the new figures displayed. Does K & C realize how slow there new site design is? The beautiful layouts are not worth the price of waiting five minutes between pages.

King's Man

It might be slow, but it's well worth the wait. The new SL Sherman and BOB sets are on there now......WOW!:D :) :D

Fred

I just gave it a try and it fully loaded in 12 seconds. I guess that is a bit slower than some web sites but still ok imo.

How long does it take with you guys?

I just gave it a try and it fully loaded in 12 seconds. I guess that is a bit slower than some web sites but still ok imo.

How long does it take with you guys?
I doesn't take as long for you cause your closer!
Ray ;)

hi all, the new b.o.b. looks really good,the site is slow by the born

max

I use FIREFOX too & it is justtttttt...... a bit faster-but slow all the same. So, I usually brew the coffee & make the whole viewing session an "experience". It is supposed to be a relaxing/enjoyable time so the extra seconds are as OZ would probably say "No Worries Mate!"

I just tried it again and it took 40 seconds this time which is certainly the slowest web page I've seen for a while. That said, it still isn't enough time for me to brew a coffee, so I don't know what the problem is where you guys are :)

Just out of curiosity, this morning I accessed the K&C site to see if there was anything at all unusual about getting the site up.

Don't know what problems others are having...or rather, why they are having them. Using Firefox, the site came up virtually instantly...fully in place in about five seconds. IE6 WAS slower...nearly ten seconds from start to fully in place website. Pretty much normal loading time for a typical website.

This was using broadband, four machine LAN...but certainly no T1 or such.

Sorry, since I didn't see any particular loading delay or problem, don't know what to suggest...except that cup of coffee for guys who are experiencing delays.

Terry in Iowa

We should be careful as we might get accused of whinging because K & C isn't perfect. Of course it's usually been my experience that something rarely gets fixed if people don't say its broke :)

Last edited:
Upon revisiting the K & C web site; I found it to be downloading much quicker. It is indeed a wonderful site, great figure pictures.

The latest issue, number 15, of "THE COLLECTOR" is available for viewing.

King's Man

I just went on, just to see how long it takes, and it took about 15 seconds. I know we want instant gratification and all that but that doesn't seem that slow to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back