Smokey and the Bandit (1 Viewer)

Combat

Brigadier General
Who will admit that they are a fan of this movie? Come on Brad.;)

Buford T. Justice: Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-**** hurry.

Doug,

I can assure that I'm not. Did see it once on TV. That's the one with Burt Reynolds and Sally Field right? Passed a couple of hours, that's about it.

I WILL! One of my all time mindless favorites, Jackie Gleason IMO was and always will be a comedic genius. You picked one of my favorite lines, but another one is "Junior, there is NO WAY, NO WAY you come from my loins..... when I get home, I am gonna kick yo mama right in the...

Classic mindless fun. I am a product of the late 70s early 80s, Star Wars, Cannonball Runs, Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden, etc.

TD

I'm with Combat and (especially) Tom on this one. Just add Judas Priest to the list.

I WILL! One of my all time mindless favorites, Jackie Gleason IMO was and always will be a comedic genius. You picked one of my favorite lines, but another one is "Junior, there is NO WAY, NO WAY you come from my loins..... when I get home, I am gonna kick yo mama right in the...

TD

Yes, Gleason stole this movie. "Put the evidence in the car." One of those movies that can be straight-forward comedy or a parody of american culture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7IhIdRVxzs&feature=related

Ya, the Priest! I saw them in concert circa 1991 with Testament and Megadeth! Still listen to the music, my wife hates it! Nothing better than Hell Bent For Leather and Breakin the Law.

Throw in a little AC/DC and Metallica and its all set.
TD

Brad,
If you saw it on tv, ie, the edited version, you missed a great performance by Jackie, he is priceless in the movie.

My favorite line of his was "You sounded a lot taller on the radio."

Tom, your preaching to the choir re Priest, AC/DC, Metallica; loved those arena concerts of the 80's and 90's, classic stuff. I saw Journey, Styx and The Joe Perry Project in the early 80's at the old Providence Civic Center in RI; my ears are still ringing from that one........

Ya, the Priest! I saw them in concert circa 1991 with Testament and Megadeth! Still listen to the music, my wife hates it! Nothing better than Hell Bent For Leather and Breakin the Law.

Throw in a little AC/DC and Metallica and its all set.
TD

My son, who is a real metal head, just got a new album from itunes from a group called Black Tide. They're actually pretty good and more like hard rock, really good.

I saw Priest live 5 times, Maiden 4 times (ince as an opening act for Priest), AC/DC twice, Van Halen (pre-Hagar) twice. I love 70's and early 80's metal.

My son, who is a real metal head, just got a new album from itunes from a group called Black Tide. They're actually pretty good and more like hard rock, really good.

My son advises me they're actually thrash metal and they do a cover of Metallica's "Kill the lights."

Metal was corporate rock. Give me the Dead Kennedy's and the Clash anyday

Sitting here in my office with my original Sony Rack system (yes I got it in middle school and still works!), record player included, I now have just dug out Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast LP and going to let it spin! Next up Kiss Double Platinum.

TD

Metal was corporate rock. Give me the Dead Kennedy's and the Clash anyday

I'm a big Clash fan, but some of those punk bands were god awful. I remember a story about the Sex Pistols giving a performance at a maximum security prison. After about five minutes the prisoners were requesting that they be sent back to their cells - even those in solitary confinement.

Hate to beat a dead horse here but I must point out that Smokey and the Bandit had possibly the only gratuitus smokey burn out ever filmed.Towards the begining of the film Burt in the Trans-Am is sitting at a red light when the light turns green he frys the tires all the way through the intersection.A classic movie moment:D
Eric

Sitting here in my office with my original Sony Rack system (yes I got it in middle school and still works!), record player included, I now have just dug out Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast LP and going to let it spin! Next up Kiss Double Platinum.

TD

Sitting here uploading some snaps to Photobucket, I've got The Scorpions blasting out The Who's "Can't Explain". Ages since I've listened to this stuff, but its had the desired affect cos Missus Heid's decided to go out and visit one of her pals - meaning I'll get peace to take more photos.
Cheers
H

Users who are viewing this thread

Back