So what do we think is coming for Market Garden? (2 Viewers)

I think we should wait for the ambulance jeep and 'shot up' jeep and 'Jeep being prepared to go into Horsa Glider' and see how they look!;):rolleyes::D

What??? A Guy can dream!:D

I would be amazed if there were not more jeeps to come as we are straddling the original series quite closely which, is no bad thing but, there are Ambulance jeeps etc still to be done and a fair few para figures that have to be done, Flamethrower team, Frost just to name two.

A really great series IMO
Mitch

Are right mate!:eek:I love the jeeps, I would much rather have these jeeps than re-releases of the older ones!:D:Cool:

I think with regards to the first two MG jeeps, we payed for what we got, and what we got was highly detailed beautiful scuplted items!:D:cool:

Problem is there wrong a para rec jeep only had one lewis gun not four ;)
If your mad about the battle you need to know your facts :)

I would be amazed if there were not more jeeps to come as we are straddling the original series quite closely which, is no bad thing but, there are Ambulance jeeps etc still to be done and a fair few para figures that have to be done, Flamethrower team, Frost just to name two.

A really great series IMO
Mitch

Wounded, medics, paras pre jump, paras with dutch civilians, paras unloading drop containers, paras waving down RAF planes, paras with german prisoners, polish paras in boats.....I could go on for ages!:D:Cool:

Are right mate!:eek:I love the jeeps, I would much rather have these jeeps than re-releases of the older ones!

I think with regards to the first two MG jeeps, we payed for what we got, and what we got was highly detailed beautiful scuplted items!

Problem is there wrong a para rec jeep only had one lewis gun not four ;)
If your mad about the battle you need to know your facts :)

Call of duty begs to differ!:rolleyes::eek::D

Plus Andy has said countless times that he makes what he likes, so I guess it's up to him, but I love them, Think they look better all kitted out, look like thay are deffinetly designes for recce or for holding onto a position for a while!:D

While we're on about jeeps lads, how about a jeep with a para in the back firing the back gun at Germas who are following the jeep!:D:cool::eek:

Call of duty begs to differ!:rolleyes::eek::D

Plus Andy has said countless times that he makes what he likes, so I guess it's up to him, but I love them, Think they look better all kitted out, look like thay are deffinetly designes for recce or for holding onto a position for a while!:D

While we're on about jeeps lads, how about a jeep with a para in the back firing the back gun at Germas who are following the jeep!:D:cool::eek:
The thing is as a SAS Jeep it would be spot on :p

Plus Andy has said countless times that he makes what he likes, so I guess it's up to him,

I think your right when you say Andy make what he want & think it a wast of time keep posting what we want to see When Andy know what sell :) Think it to easy to knock the company's but if it was not for K&C where would we be :eek:

What about this, no one has mentioned it............A Sherman Dozer?:D:cool:
Or british tank recovery vehicle!:D:eek:

:cool: A 'NEW' BEEFIER 6/17 Pounder Gun------25 POUNDER Gun---MKI AEC "DAIMLER Armoured Car----A 'NEW' BEEFIER "Paras" BREN GUN CARRIER(4-Man) -------Motorcycle 'Dispatch Rider"----COMMAND Car-----WOUNDED Jeep------TETRACH Tank(Small)------PARA "SCOOTER' Rider! A 75MM Pak Howitzer Portable! ;):) CIAO!

Since there's a European Village (albeit a Normandy one), how about some MG dio pieces?

I already have JG's Arnhem pieces. And I know a full bridge would be in Shock and Awe. But I'd love just a little bridge section. I know, when people have suggested a U-Boat in sections, Andy has said he'd only do the whole thing, but I think a bridge section would be closer to a facade. Plus, I'm always drooling over whatever bridges Gordon puts in his dios.

But I'll "settle" for 30 corps, no doubt. Right now I've got a Cromwell and a Firefly standing in for them riding over a Bailey Bridge I bought from The Old Toy Solider Home. So close to helping my paras....and yet so far.

Since there's a European Village (albeit a Normandy one), how about some MG dio pieces?

I already have JG's Arnhem pieces. And I know a full bridge would be in Shock and Awe. But I'd love just a little bridge section. I know, when people have suggested a U-Boat in sections, Andy has said he'd only do the whole thing, but I think a bridge section would be closer to a facade. Plus, I'm always drooling over whatever bridges Gordon puts in his dios.

But I'll "settle" for 30 corps, no doubt. Right now I've got a Cromwell and a Firefly standing in for them riding over a Bailey Bridge I bought from The Old Toy Solider Home. So close to helping my paras....and yet so far.

I think MG dio is a great idea :cool: I have the Toy solider home bridge & it look great with Figarti British ETO range

Hi Guys,
Ex Ranger made reference to a recent book about Arnhem. The author is Scott Revell a long time customer of mine. Over a year ago I posted a link to his web page called Defending Arnhem (see his intro below),

Only 1000 of the books have been published. I have a sample copy in the shop and it is a good quality book. Not sure on US RRP but in Australia sells for A$65 which for such a book is good value.

Link to his web page is http://www.defendingarnhem.com/index.htm and you can order direct from Scott.

Regards
Brett

Welcome to Defending Arnhem - A website about the German Involvement in the Battle of Arnhem. This site is a dedicated source of information for both the professional researcher and those who just wish to understand a little more about the battle from the other side's point-of-view. The scope of this site is the 17th - 26th September 1944 and includes the fighting against the British 1st Airborne Division in and around Arnhem, Oosterbeek, Wolfheze and Renkum. It also covers the defensive battles in the Betuwe, north of the Waal river, against the Allied advance of XXX Corps and against the 1st Polish Independent Parachute Brigade around Driel. This will cover the defense by the 9th and 10th SS Panzer Divisions as well as the defensive line set up west of Driel to stop a possible allied advance to capture other Bridges over the Rhine.

Arnhem was strategic in the defence of the German Front with the town lying on the last natural barrier - The Rhine River. When Operation 'Market Garden' started, the Germans knew very quickly into the battle that the bridges were a key objective of the allied plans and as such threw every available reinforcement into Arnhem. Waffen-SS, Luftwaffe, Heer, Kriegsmarine and Arbeitsdienst fought side by side against the elite British Airborne Division and Polish Paratroopers and after 10 days of fighting, they won the day. This of course was not without loss as the Germans suffered heavy casualties in the process. This battle was a hollow victory as the common German soldier knew the war was already lost in September 1944.

Very little research has been done on the German side of the battle with only a handful of references being printed. However what the Germans were able to achieve in this battle against seasoned professionals needs to be written. Obersturmbannführer Walter Harzer, commander of the 9th SS Panzer Division 'Hohenstaufen' after the battle, said it best: "It is with personal pride that I regard this German victory, because it was achieved not by regular units, but by railway workers, Arbeitsdienst and Luftwaffe personnel as well, who had never been trained for infantry work and were actually unsuitable for house-to-house fighting".

The Defending Arnhem website has started to go through a transformation in order to bring more functionality and information to the reader of the site. Behind the scenes I am working with a number of people to enhance the information that is already here but to also to provide new information, including unpublished pictures and other useful documents over the next few months.

It is a pleasure to present to you, the new and improved - 'Defending Arnhem'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus Andy has said countless times that he makes what he likes, so I guess it's up to him,

I think your right when you say Andy make what he want & think it a wast of time keep posting what we want to see When Andy know what sell :) Think it to easy to knock the company's but if it was not for K&C where would we be :eek:

uksubs...

Probably a lot wealthier!!!!lol
Mitch

Hi Guys,
Ex Ranger made reference to a recent book about Arnhem. The author is Scott Revell a long time customer of mine. Over a year ago I posted a link to his web page called Defending Arnhem (see his intro below),

Only 1000 of the books have been published. I have a sample copy in the shop and it is a good quality book. Not sure on US RRP but in Australia sells for A$65 which for such a book is good value.

Link to his web page is http://www.defendingarnhem.com/index.htm and you can order direct from Scott.

Regards
Brett

Welcome to Defending Arnhem - A website about the German Involvement in the Battle of Arnhem. This site is a dedicated source of information for both the professional researcher and those who just wish to understand a little more about the battle from the other side's point-of-view. The scope of this site is the 17th - 26th September 1944 and includes the fighting against the British 1st Airborne Division in and around Arnhem, Oosterbeek, Wolfheze and Renkum. It also covers the defensive battles in the Betuwe, north of the Waal river, against the Allied advance of XXX Corps and against the 1st Polish Independent Parachute Brigade around Driel. This will cover the defense by the 9th and 10th SS Panzer Divisions as well as the defensive line set up west of Driel to stop a possible allied advance to capture other Bridges over the Rhine.

Arnhem was strategic in the defence of the German Front with the town lying on the last natural barrier - The Rhine River. When Operation 'Market Garden' started, the Germans knew very quickly into the battle that the bridges were a key objective of the allied plans and as such threw every available reinforcement into Arnhem. Waffen-SS, Luftwaffe, Heer, Kriegsmarine and Arbeitsdienst fought side by side against the elite British Airborne Division and Polish Paratroopers and after 10 days of fighting, they won the day. This of course was not without loss as the Germans suffered heavy casualties in the process. This battle was a hollow victory as the common German soldier knew the war was already lost in September 1944.

Very little research has been done on the German side of the battle with only a handful of references being printed. However what the Germans were able to achieve in this battle against seasoned professionals needs to be written. Obersturmbannführer Walter Harzer, commander of the 9th SS Panzer Division 'Hohenstaufen' after the battle, said it best: "It is with personal pride that I regard this German victory, because it was achieved not by regular units, but by railway workers, Arbeitsdienst and Luftwaffe personnel as well, who had never been trained for infantry work and were actually unsuitable for house-to-house fighting".

The Defending Arnhem website has started to go through a transformation in order to bring more functionality and information to the reader of the site. Behind the scenes I am working with a number of people to enhance the information that is already here but to also to provide new information, including unpublished pictures and other useful documents over the next few months.

It is a pleasure to present to you, the new and improved - 'Defending Arnhem'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a nice collection of books regarding the Battle of Arnhem. I'm really looking forward to this book. Doesn't seem to be enough illustrated/photographic books on this battle.

I'd like to see a book showing the different armoured vehicles used during the battle since so many German vehicles were quickly deployed to the area. Mark III's, IV's, Tigers's, King Tiger's, Stug's Etc.

I've spent many hours on this website and is a great source for information on this battle. Please keep up the GREAT work and always look forward to anything new provided on this battle.:):)

Could you post pics please mate, as I was considering getting one of these at one point, too late now though lol:eek:

Had a few guesses;)But for my Arnhem, some reinforcements have arrived!:D

French M10 which will be getting handed over to the guards armoured division!;)2 Sherman Fireflies, 3 marching fob tommies, british para mortar team, british para radio jeep, british paras with chutes x2, american paras with chutes x4, 25lb Gun, however the germans are gettin reinforcements in the form of the maultier flakwagen:eek:;)

And the fob civians to watch the british troops go by!;)

Roll on the future releases!:D

I would like to see a Humber armoured car but K&C need to get the green right :eek:

K&C has indicated XXX Corps, so I'm thinking a variety of British infantry, artillery, soft skinned vehicles, tanks and other assorted AFV's. :D What I'd like to see are some German armoured cars and ( sorry to be boring and predictable ) British Para's especially General Horrocks with map, Frost drinking tea, casualties/dead, medics and other figures in non combat poses.

K&C has indicated XXX Corps, so I'm thinking a variety of British infantry, artillery, soft skinned vehicles, tanks and other assorted AFV's. :D What I'd like to see are some German armoured cars and ( sorry to be boring and predictable ) British Para's especially General Horrocks with map, Frost drinking tea, casualties/dead, medics and other figures in non combat poses.

I have narrowed it down to my top 10!:D

1. Lt Col Vandeleur command Vehicle
2. British Guards Division Infantry in action poses
3. British Guards Infantry Division Trucks (open back)
4. Seated infantry for truck
5. Would love a Sherman Dozer, but doubt it:(
6. Maybe a Jeep with Horrocks!
7. Infantry patrol, or geting ready to move out:D
8. Tank riders!!!!!!!!
9. 25lb Gun + Crew!:D
10. British Halftrack, but doubt it!:(

I would also love to see a crane for the part of my diorama where the pontoon (bailey) bridge is, as it would look great!:cool:
And a truck with bailey bridge pieces on the back, so would be a long truck!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back